Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save Image setup menu

Hello Support,

I have a suggestions for the Image menu to have "image set up" submenu for the following:

1. File name format pre-selection (has option for some predefined format, eg. to include DATE + HH:MM:SS + Instrument Name + DataSeries name, this to ensure subsequent saved file from the same chart on the same day is uniquely named)

2. Preselection of Image file format.

The Hot Key manager already has feature to assign a key for the Image save as, so that is good. The directory remain as previously selected so that is also good.

Thanks.
    EdwardK.

Hello EdwardK,

Thank you for posting these suggestions. I will forward the suggestion of the file name selection to development to put it on the list of possible future enhancements.

When I save an image of a chart, I can select 4 types of formats in the 'Save Image' window on my end (see screenshot). Do you have the same selections on your end? Am I correct you like more format options?
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 10-04-2011, 03:30 AM.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The file name selection suggestion has been added to our tracking system and has been assigned to ID# 1313.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Default option

Jason, I think he wants the ability to select a file type to be default. I have always wanted that too because I use .png files which look as good as .jpg but are smaller and more website/email friendly. If I am trying to save a chart pic in a hurry, having to change the file type is a process I would rather skip. Having the selector default to the last type saved would work too.

Dan
        eDanny
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Hello EdwardK and eDanny,

Thanks for the feedback on this item - it's a great idea. I'll forward the suggestion on to development now.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

as an amature in image programming, Im wondering if it is possible to integrate such a feature with the support of image saving component?

Comment

Hello,

Yes, that would be possible through custom C# programming. We do not have any documentation or references to assist you, however external resources such as the one you linked to should help you build such a feature in NinjaScript.
              MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

With Snagit you can pre select the desired file type plus lots of other options for capture with a hot key...in the screen shot example below an automatic file name is also selected for a particular folder...
                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DynamicTest  
                Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes