Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting Request: Mesaured Move Projection Tool

Hello!

I'm missing a very simpel charting tool in NT that is needed by every price action trader sveral times a day. It's a simple projection tool. Trade Station has it.

Every time during the day when I see a possible mesaured move target on my chart I would like to mark it up easily and discrete and keep it on the chart for the rest of the session, without a lot of redundant clutter. For instance when there is a trading range, I want to be able to mark the (100%) projection of the trading range. The fib. extension tool is not a satisfying alternative, since it clutters the chart a lot.

The projection tool should work like this:
    1. Klick on the point where the move begins, for instance on the highets point in a trading range. The tool paints a discrete marker here.
    2. Klick on the point where the move ends, for instance on the lowest point in a trading range. The tool paints another discrete marker here AND a third discrete market at the 100% projection of the move, preferably in another color.

I'v attache a chart with an example of the tool I want in NT.

Best Regards
    Poseidon_Sthlm
    Attached Files

Hello Poseidon_Sthlm,

Thank you for your feedback, but unfortuantely I am not sure if I follow. I am not sure what is referred as "discrete markers" in your screenshot. Are they the small horizontal red and blue lines?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, the discrete markers I refer to are just the small red and blue horizontal parallel lines, not the trend lines.

/ poseidon_sthlm
      Last edited by poseidon_sthlm; 11-15-2011, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying. I will forward your suggestion to Development.

Comment

You do know about the fib extension tool under drawing tools? - that is all a measure move tool is.
          I think it's F3 shortcut.

Comment

The suggestion is assigned to ID# 1382.

Please note that you can remove all clutter of the Fibonacci Extension. Please double click the extension to open its properties menu. Set 'Text location' to Do not show.

Subsequently, if you right click in the properties menu and select 'Manage Templates', you can save these settings as default.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes