Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Bar HOL with labels next to bar

Hi,

Could NT please have a Current Bar HOL with the price labels of each next to bar? I've seen several people asking for this. I don't have anything on my chart showing this at all which even that would be some help.

Ensign Software has a Design You Own program that uses H [$H], O [$O], L [$L]. Is this helpful in making a script? Yes, I've looked at scripts and how to do them and they still look like Greek to me. I also tried the Wizard and now have an indicator in my list that doesn't work.

Oh, by the way, there is a template jtRangeMarker7 that shows projected Hs and Ls, but that isn't the same. It doesn't help because HOL shows the current price action of the bar. But if he could do it, I don't see why a current bar HOL with price labels can't be done. ???

Thanks,
    Sharon

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

To clarify you just want the price labeled on the chart for the current high/low/open prices of the bars?

-Brett

Comment

Thank you for replying, Brett.

Yes. Just the current bar with the price labeled high/low/open prices beside the current bar. Of course, a little away from the bar or it would probably interfere with the data maybe.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Hello,

Thanks for the note.

To clarify you just want the price labeled on the chart for the current high/low/open prices of the bars?

-Brett

Comment

Hello,

This can be done with NinjaScript.

Normally we have our NinjaScript consultants create these custom indicators to fit the clients needs if one does not already exist. However in this case I have a NinjaScript trainee his name is Cameron that will benefit from coding this.

I will have him check into coding this and post it today if he had success.

Thank You for your patience.

Comment

Great Brett! Thank you so much.

I have a chart showing what I'm talking about, but can't figure out how to post the chart here.
          I see how it's suppose to work, but can't figure out Windows 7 yet.

Here's sending Cameron good luck!

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
          Hello,

This can be done with NinjaScript.

Normally we have our NinjaScript consultants create these custom indicators to fit the clients needs if one does not already exist. However in this case I have a NinjaScript trainee his name is Cameron that will benefit from coding this.

I will have him check into coding this and post it today if he had success.

Thank You for your patience.

Comment

Hello SharonSS,

Here is the CurrentBarOHL that Brett asked I create for you.

Note we do not normally create custom indicators for users however due to my training Brett had me look into this one.

Attached is the Indicator, a picture of a chart with the indicator applied and the properties window.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

To import indicators you will need the original .zip file.
            Here is a basic guideline of how to Import indicators.
            To Import
            1. Download the indicator to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
            2. From the Control Center window select the menu File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript
            3. Select the downloaded .zip file
            4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
            Attached Files
            CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Gee Cameron, that was fast! Thank you so much!

Also thank you, Brett, for caring enough to give my request to Cameron. I know that many NT traders will use this indicator!

Sincerely,
              Sharon

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cameron View Post
              Hello SharonSS,

Note we do not normally create custom indicators for users however due to my training Brett had me look into this one.

Attached is the Indicator, a picture of a chart with the indicator applied and the properties window.

To Import
              1. Download the indicator to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
              2. From the Control Center window select the menu File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript

Comment

Ok, I've applied the indicator to my chart and the only problem is the Open which is right on top of the High. I'm assuming this is because the price labels are on top and bottom of the bar instead of beside the bar with a constant distance between the price labels. ???

Should look like:
                (have to use dots because post won't keep the indentation I write. The indicator would NOT have the dots. LOL)

............High Price
                Bar .....Open Price
                ............Low Price

But hey, this is better than nothing and I appreciate it to no end.

Hello SharonSS,

To Import

Comment

SharonSS,

Thank you for the clarification.

Here is the modified indicator and a picture with the Offset, I actually made it a custom setting if you want it to plot on or off the bars.
                  Attached Files

Comment

hmmm...Don't know, Cameron. I have the second version on a 20Range chart and the High is showing for the former bar. Also the High (even though on the former bar is wrong) is constant in the position as is the low of the bar (which is correct), but the Open should be constant in the middle of the H and L. Maybe you could test it yourself over the weekend?

Your first version did have the correct High and Lows of the current bar. Couldn't tell about the open as the H or L was always covering it.

LOL The bar I mentioned above was on a down bar. Now another bar is going up and now the low is for the former bar instead of the current bar.

Good Luck!

P.S. If you can't fix version 2, how about just going back to the first version and just get rid of the Open price label since that's the one getting in the way of either the H or L price of the bar. The reason the H and L of the bar is the most valuable is because if one is scalping, it's easier to get out fast because of a price target of either. Hope this makes sense.

SharonSS,

Thank you for the clarification.

Here is the modified indicator and a picture with the Offset, I actually made it a custom setting if you want it to plot on or off the bars.
                    Last edited by SharonSS; 11-18-2011, 03:27 PM.

Comment

SharonSS,

The v2 had the Open plotting on the Open, I've now turned it into the equidistant average.

Regarding your edit, you can set the Color for the Open to 'Transparent'. This will hide it from your chart.

With my testing I am not showing any of the plots with the incorrect value. If you see this, please let me know.
                      Attached Files

Comment

(Later: I'm puzzled as to why your testing is getting correct values. Made me wonder if my version3 is corrupt. When I import it to NT, a message comes up asking if I want "to replace the existing fle?" I click yes, but the CurrentBarOHLv2 shows up in the Indicator panel. Yet stangely, the correction as to the equidistant is in place. Could my version3 be corrupted?)

Thanks for the update, Cameron. Distance is now absolutely perfect. However, now prices are for former bar. Too bad as you have the distance part right on.

Thanks for the Transparent color. Didn't know that!

CAMERON ROCKS! A+ for your effort and work. Thank you!

SharonSS,

The v2 had the Open plotting on the Open, I've now turned it into the equidistant average.

Regarding your edit, you can set the Color for the Open to 'Transparent'. This will hide it from your chart.

With my testing I am not showing any of the plots with the incorrect value. If you see this, please let me know.
                        Last edited by SharonSS; 11-18-2011, 04:42 PM.

Comment

does anyone have this for NT8 ?

Comment

Hello JasonA,

Thank you for your reply.

While as a general rule we don't do conversions on behalf of our clients, I had a bit of extra time and have converted this particular indicator to NinjaTrader 8 as an exercise. Please see the attached file below.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
                            Attached Files
                            Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for doing this Kate. It was a big help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
                              Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Christopher_R