Support Email Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support Email Issues

I have noticed that when you submit a request to support from within NT you get a form reply email that makes no mention of the initial problem that generated it.

If you have more than one concurrent issue there is no easy way to separate which email goes to which problem unless you memorize the generating code at the top of the page.

This is compounded if the NT response is a stock answer to the original problem. Granted stock responses are a necessary evil to make sure the user isn't overlooking something simple so I accept that.

Recently, I had 2 concurrent issues ongoing. A support person sent a generic form response to the 2nd concurrent problem, but I thought it was in response to the 1st concurrent problem. This obviously led to even more confusion, until he quoted a portion of the original problem, which then made it clear what he was responding to.
    The suggestion of searching for the thread was of no use because gmail auocompiles are related emails into a continuous thread, yet without a reference to the originating problem it is of no use.

There is an easy solution to this problem that will solve the problem:

Include the the text of the original support request email (no attachments needed) in the autogenerated support response.

Seems pretty simple and would remove a lot of "consternation" in the support process.
    Last edited by RDPoS; 11-18-2011, 02:40 PM.

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

As I mentioned a moment ago in the email you had sent - we're more than happy to include the history of the email string, but you will need to request that we do so as it is not the default in our system currently. In the meantime, I'll forward a suggestion that we change that on to my superiors. Thanks for your feedback.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle can this thread be moved to the "Suggestions & Feedback" sub-forum please? I didn't notice it at the very bottom of the list.

Comment

RDPoS,

This is James, Manager in Support responding on behalf of Kyle.

Your post has been moved to, "Suggestions and Feedback."

Additionally, the subject line of the, "Mail To" function within NinjaTrader has an editable text field where a user can enter the subject of the email. Please place the the topic of your inquiry within that space, as doing so will place the subject of the original request into every subsequent reply's subject line.The inclusion of a subject line will allow you to track your separate support requests.

With that said, I do understand your suggestion and we are currently looking for a way to automate a process which will include a quotation of the original inquiry within our replies. Until then, please use the Subject line accordingly.

Thank You,
        James

Comment

I will test that right now to see if the original threads are connected. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

NT does send a copy of the original email to the user generating it, but there is no linkage between that email and the intial autoreply generated NT response.

All the needs to be done is to make those subject lines equivalent and the problem will be solved for mail programs like gmail which keep track of threads.

Comment

Hello RDPoS,

I have tested this by sending an email from my personal GMail Account and from the platform itself. With each instance I placed a custom entry in the Subject line, "THIS IS A TEST" and both times I received an auto-generated response from our Help Desk confirming receipt of the inquiry and a response from a team member describing they have received the test email. In all instances, of all emails, the Subject line in my mail client had, "THIS IS A TEST" within the subject line.

With that said, can you please send a note to support[at]ninjatrader[com] with, "THIS IS A TEST, ATTN JAMES" and let me know if the subject line within your mail client contains the aforementioned text?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Completed.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_James View Post
                Hello RDPoS,

I have tested this by sending an email from my personal GMail Account and from the platform itself. With each instance I placed a custom entry in the Subject line, "THIS IS A TEST" and both times I received an auto-generated response from our Help Desk confirming receipt of the inquiry and a response from a team member describing they have received the test email. In all instances, of all emails, the Subject line in my mail client had, "THIS IS A TEST" within the subject line.

With that said, can you please send a note to support[at]ninjatrader[com] with, "THIS IS A TEST, ATTN JAMES" and let me know if the subject line within your mail client contains the aforementioned text?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post alifarahani  
                Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes