Y Axis Scaling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y Axis Scaling

Ninja is actually such a brilliant piece of kit, and the support so good that I can only think of this one small way it could be improved.
    When directional movement becomes small, we get a chart that looks something like 'Auto', attached. A few ticks take up the whole Y Axis and the thing looks chaotic. Clicking and draging the Y Axis can temporarily solve the problem and you wiil get something like 'Fixed', attached. The only problem is that the bars are now likely to wander off the chart if the market does move. It would be nice to have a switch, perhaps in chart properties that allows Auto Scaling to be disabled whilst keeping Auto Centering.
    Attached Files

Hello Dave,

Thank you for your post and appreciate your feedback. We have assigned this feature request ID #857 in our tracking system.

Have a great day and thanks again!
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Support,

I would appreaciate this tool as well, especially for indicators. I use cummulative delta and during a chop, there is nothing in the delta either (chop). However, when I dont pay attention and can"t see the low range of delta on my charts, I overlook the choppiness. Could it thus be possible to further enrich this feature by letting the user specify a minimum range, below which the range of indicator/price should never go? An example might be "Set min. price action range on Y-axis to 50 ticks". If the range is smaller than 50 ticks, no auto rescaling happens and the user sees the chop clearly. However, when the market breaks and the current range is say 70, the scaling automatically adjusts so that the user sees the whole action. This would be awesome.

Many thanks,
      Daniel.

Comment

You may set a minimum and maximum price within the chart window by right mouse clicking in the Y-Axis-->Properties-->Range-->Set to Fixed-->Input a Maximum and Minimum Price-->Click Ok. If the price then breaks this price you will currently be required to adjust the chart manually or left mouse click on the F in the upper right hand corner to return the chart to Auto Scale.

I have forwarded your suggestion to our development team as a suggestion on how we can improve the NinjaTrader platform. Once this suggestion has been input into our tracking system I will forward you the assigned ID number for tracking.

Comment

This request has been submitted to our development team and has been assigned ID #1414 for tracking.

Thanks again for your suggestion and please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
            Hello Dave,

Thank you for your post and appreciate your feedback. We have assigned this feature request ID #857 in our tracking system.

Have a great day and thanks again!
            I would love to see you fast track this feature request. As I watch my charts during the day it can get somewhat visually confusing when bar heights representing the same amount of price movement can vary so much in height because of the auto scaling. I don't like to set scaling to fixed because then the data can move off the screen. I would love to see a setting that would give bar height consistency relative to price without the chart constraints of the current "fixed" setting.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Aviram Y  
            Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby