Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAoS&C Sub-Forum Suggestion

There are really two ideas here.

1. Creation of a new subforum where all past indicators/strategies from Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities Magazine are posted/uploaded. I missed Corona charts entirely because it was released by a 3rd party about a year after the magazine had the other versions posted. It would make it a lot easier for people who subscribe to the magazine to find things (Noting again Corona did not come out right away.

2. A possible ranking/sortability functionality for the indicators/strategies already posted. So you could sort them in descending order of # of downloads or date uploaded.

Great job otherwise.

Hello RDPoS,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to our forum and sorting indicators. I will forward it to my superiors.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello RDPoS,

You can find all S&C indicators we have available in the 'NinjaScript File Sharing' section. You can use the search function ("Search this Forum" in the upper right corner) to find the indicator you like.

Once you are in the 'Version 7 Indicators' section, you can sort indicators on multiple items. One of these items is "Hits" which is the equivalent of the amount of downloads.

Comment

Not sure if it is naming convention or what but I was unable to find the October, November or December indicators for the TAoS&C Magazine by sorting through the indicator section by date posted. September's looked like the last one posted in that area.

I would like to reiterate the subforum request for TAoS&C Magazine.

I understand there is a direct link from the magazine but a search under IFT or Inverse Fisher Transform turned up nothing relevant to my search in regards to indicators.

Not sure why you guys have it listed as the June2011 indicator either since it appeared in the December 2011 issue.

Just curious.

Comment

In any case, I want to thank you guys for keeping up on all the indicators in the magazine now, even if they are not easy to find on the forum, at least they are there somewhere.

Comment

Hello RDPoS,

I will forward your feedback to support a subforum for these indicators.

The Smoothed RSI Inverse Fisher Transform indicator is listed as October 2010 when I checked it.
            Attached Files

Comment

I was actually looking for the Stochastic Inverse Fisher Transform or Stochastic IFT as detailed in the December 2011 issue. The RSI IFT is something else. Nevertheless, it did not show up either in the search as you can see below:

Last edited by RDPoS; 12-30-2011, 09:06 AM.

Comment

I do not see such an indicator listed under June 2011. The S&C indicator listed for June 2011 is the "Price Zone Oscillator". The December 2011 indicator is not available yet.

Comment

Interesting, because the article in the December issue gives the following link:

Even more interestingis that the following link seems to work:

My how a sub-forum could really help out in trying times like these...
                  Last edited by RDPoS; 12-30-2011, 10:53 AM.

Comment

RDPoS,

Your suggestion has been forwarded to the appropriate department. Thank you for your suggestion and have a wonderful new year!
                    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In the meantime, this thread and its files should be of help.

Comment

Anyone get the Nov 2011 (PCRI) Indicators to Work?

Speaking of the S&C indicators, I have downloaded the November and December indicators related to the put/call ratio indicators. The December portion works fine but can't seem to get the PCRIFast and PCRISlow indicators to work.

Any hints?

I am adding them to a "VRETZ" daily chart (data from Kinetick) since I believe they would need the data from the equities put/call chart. Perhaps I just don't understand how to implement and there are no details either in the mag or on the forum anywhere (that I can find).

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi AllenCook,

Please make sure you are using the latest release 8, which has the ^PCR defined.

There is currently an error with the tick size for this instrument. We will get this changed for an upcoming release. To correct manually:
                          Click Tools > Instrument Manager
                          Search for PCR and edit.
                          Change TickSize to .01

RDPoS - I apologize for the error listed for the December link. It looks like you have found it at:
                          Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ryan M,

Thanks, I was able to get it up and running now.

Comment

Hello RDPoS,

The suggestion for a subforum for all S&C indicators is assigned to ID# 1452.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes