Default quantity per symbol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default quantity per symbol

Many traders trade a certain quantity on a given symbol, e.g. 7 contracts for the mini-Dow, 5 for the mini S&P, 3 for the Russel 2000 etc. It would be very helpful, if one wouldn't have to enter the quantity for a specific symbol everytime a symbol is changed in the SuperDOM or a chart.

Instead this could be solved easily through the Instrument Manager window by adding a further column for the "Default Quantity" per symbol. Of course, this has to be independent from the symbols expiry it should be just connected to the name and be displayed on every DOM or chart window when a certain contract is opened!

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestions. I will forward it to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Most users use ATM templates which pre-define trade quantities etc...
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm not sure, if this is the answer to the problem. Right now, I can set one default value for the quantity, that will be applied to all the symbols. My suggestion is to have the possibility to set a default quantity for each symbol separately. This quantity would then be applied to the DOM, charts or ATM, if I choose the specific symbol.

Maybe I'm wrong, but if tried to achieve this with a ATM template, wouldn't I have to save one and the same template every time I change the symbol and the quantity? So in the end I would have the same template/functionality over and over again, just with different symbols and quantities? If I got that right, it could be a workaround, but the drop-down list for the ATM templates would look rather confusing with lot of entries. Or am I wrong here?

Comment

Yes, you could have "ES Template 1" and "NQ Template 1" etc... Its just a proposed workaround for you at this time. Your suggestion is noted and on our list of future possible enhancements.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you. I'll settle for the workaround until this topic is solved.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred