Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing Trade Data Into NT7

Hi

I'm just wondering what the latest is on importing trade data from a clearing house, RCG in this case, into NT7. Can this be done? If not, why not? Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to add this feature.

I just formatted my hard drive and I had backed up the NinjaTrader folder from the Programs folder thinking I'd substitute it for the new folder once I reinstalled NT7. And I thought all of my settings and trades would be in it somewhere. But then I found out they were in the Users > BCE > My Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder instead, which I hadn't backed up. Thus all of my trades are lost for good.

It's just easier from within NT7 to see different time frames and how my trading went.

Thanks.
    Last edited by bce111; 12-20-2011, 10:47 AM.

Hello,

Trade history from trades made through NinjaTrader is stored in the database file. This is located here:
    Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\NinjaTrader.sdf

I'm sorry that you do not have this file available in order to recover your trades. There does not exist currently a way to import trade data from an external source. We appreciate the suggestion. It has been assigned tracking ID #1448.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 01-24-2012, 02:38 PM.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
      Hello,

Trade history from trades made through NinjaTrader is stored in the database file. This is located here:
      Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\NinjaTrader.sdf

I'm sorry that you do not have this file available in order to recover your trades. There does not exist currently a way to import trade data from an external source. We appreciate the suggestion and I will forward your request to our development team so that it can be considered for a future release.
      Hi, Ryan

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately as I mentioned I didn't back up that file. Oh, well.

As far as the "appreciating my suggestion" comment, I appreciate your appreciation. However, this suggestion has been made numerous times over the last few years and has yet to be fulfilled, which as I mentioned doesn't seem like it would be that hard to accomplish. Just a feature that would allow you to import a .cvs file for instance or an Excel file. I hope they do actually give this more serious consideration as I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated.

I thought there was someway to manually enter individual trades. But this would of course take forever to enter a whole year's worth of trades.

Thanks for your reply. Happy Holidays!

Comment

Yes, you could add individual executions through the Right Click > Add execution screen. As you say it would be tedious for a years worth of executions. We are able to get many client suggestions added to NinjaTrader but of course not everything can be added in.

An important factor for deciding which ones can be added is demand, and we rely on our members to express interest in suggestions made here on our forums. To this end, I have moved your thread to the suggestions and feedback area for greater visibility. Thanks again, and Happy Holidays!
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just a quick thought. I don't see the thread in the suggestions and feedback area yet. Have a good week. Thanks, Ryan.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post alifarahani  
          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH