Estimated Place In Queue (EPIQ)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estimated Place In Queue (EPIQ)

The only DOM trader that I know of that has this feature is X-Trader, and I have searched and not seen it patented, but I may be wrong. After all, a column of numbers displayed like a spreadsheet has been patented by those same folks, which is why the Static DOM costs extra to trade off of.

What I am requesting is whether it might be possible for NT to add that to the DOM (preferably, the Dynamic DOM).

Here is a blurb about it from another web site.

... “EPIQ” column. This will allow you to see your position in line. It stands for "estimated position in the queue". ... So if there are 1,000 contracts bid and I'm bidding for a 20 lot, the screen will show me where I am in that 1,000. This can be very helpful at times. If it's a sketchy situation and I'm not sure what I want to do and I'm number 950 in the cue, I may pull my order. But if I'm number 20 in the cue, I will leave it there."

Great idea. There are too many times when I have had to exit at market just because my limit price was hit many times and not filled, only to see the market tick immediately above my original exit, which would have taken me out at limit. Sometimes, I have even just hit the "Close" button, and taken the slippage, no matter how large. If I knew that I was number 20 in a 1000 queue, I might be able to hold for a bit longer, whereas at number 960, I probably would not.

Hi koganam,

Thanks for contributing this suggestion. I have notified our product development team and this has been assigned tracking id #1468. Have a great day!
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 01-24-2012, 04:43 PM.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I thought I used to use an EPIQ that was in the Ninjascript File Sharing for Ninjatrader 6. Any way we can get that back and convert it to NT 7? It is very nice data to have.
      Last edited by cre8it8; 04-22-2012, 02:03 PM.

Comment

cre8it8,

Feel free to post what you have and a community member may take you up on converting. You can also always consider a NinjaScript consultant:
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry don't have it anymore. I was wondering if you guys still had the old NT 6 Indicators from the old file sharing page and if there was an EPIQ type indicator among them.

Comment

We have archived some of these older indicators here:

Comment

Thanks I will look thru it. Actually now I recall that I may have pulled it out of one of the old threads not where the indicators were.

Comment

Hi Brett/ Ryan,
                Was curious about the EPIQ for NT.
                Was there any update on tracking ID # 1468.

Thanks
                n

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
                Hi koganam,

Thanks for contributing this suggestion. I have notified our product development team and this has been assigned tracking id #1468. Have a great day!
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support forums!

There has not been any update to this tracking ID unfortunately. Almost all updates will to all tracking ID's will be done once we release our next major version of NinjaTrader which is currently under development and I do not have a release date for yet.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post TraderBCL  
                  Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
                  19 responses
                  0 likes