• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Update to .Net Framework 4.0?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Update to .Net Framework 4.0?

    Hey guys. Is there any plan to update NinjaTrader to .net framework 4.0? That version has been out now for almost two years. There are several assemblies that I'd like to reference, but can't until this upgrade happens. Is it on your roadmap?

    #2
    Hello LotsaOptions,

    Thank you for your post.

    Upgrading to the current version of .Net Framework is on our development's plans for the next major release of NinjaTrader, however there is no estimated date of if/when this will happen.
    Ray SNinjaTrader Customer Service

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJ View Post
      Hello LotsaOptions,

      Thank you for your post.

      Upgrading to the current version of .Net Framework is on our development's plans for the next major release of NinjaTrader, however there is no estimated date of if/when this will happen.
      Out of curiosity by current version of .NET do you mean 4.0 or 4.5 (currently in developer preview). I am worried by the time NT8 will be released we will already be in .NET 7.0

      Comment


        #4
        gregid,

        Unfortunately I don't have any publicly available information on which version of .NET the next version of NinjaTrader will use at this time.

        Please let us know if we may assist further.
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

        Comment


          #5
          what version of net framework is currently supported? 3.5 or 4.0

          Comment


            #6
            currently i can run nt 7 on a windows 7 64 or 32 bit machine with net framework 4.0. i however seem not to be able to do that on a windows xp sp3 machine.

            does this mean 4.0 is supoorted in windows 7 and only 3.5 is supported in windows xp?

            thanks

            Comment


              #7
              You can run NT7 on Windows 7 or Windows XP with .NET 4.0 installed.

              Comment


                #8
                trader,

                NinjaTrader 7 requires .NET 3.5 SP1.

                Please let me know if I may assist further.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_AdamP; 04-07-2012, 11:55 AM.
                Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

                Comment


                  #9
                  I am also running NT 7 on win xp32 sp3 with all updates I could find.


                  Originally posted by Radical View Post
                  You can run NT7 on Windows 7 or Windows XP with .NET 4.0 installed.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by sledge View Post
                    I am also running NT 7 on win xp32 sp3 with all updates I could find.
                    Do you have an issue with NinjaTrader here?

                    Here are our Minimum PC Requirements :

                    Windows XP (SP3 Required), Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 2003 Operating System
                    Minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768
                    Minimum P4 Processor or higher
                    2GB RAM
                    Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (pre-installed on most PC’s or can be downloaded below)
                    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by LotsaOptions View Post
                      Hey guys. Is there any plan to update NinjaTrader to .net framework 4.0? That version has been out now for almost two years. There are several assemblies that I'd like to reference, but can't until this upgrade happens. Is it on your roadmap?
                      What about you jsut spend a day or two and prpare a 7.1 rlease? Seriously, ugparding YOUR side to 4.0 should not take more than a day or two.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by NetTecture View Post
                        What about you jsut spend a day or two and prpare a 7.1 rlease? Seriously, ugparding YOUR side to 4.0 should not take more than a day or two.

                        I fully support you and beg NT guys to update to 4.0

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Netecture,

                          I will submit a suggestion for you to development.

                          Unfortunately I don't have any information as to how long something like this would take to implement and test on our end. Due to the nature of the software's use, we do test quite thoroughly before releases. The next major release would be using more recent versions of .NET, however I have no publicly available information at this time as to when that would be expected.
                          Last edited by NinjaTrader_AdamP; 04-07-2012, 11:50 AM.
                          Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

                          Comment


                            #14
                            To all,

                            Upgrading to the most recent version of .NET has tracking ID 1176.

                            Please let me know if I may assist further.
                            Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Guys, I am not sure you are aware of how much pain we all have to go through in order to find workarounds for your unwillingness to move to .net 4.0 sooner.

                              Just one example (Encog):
                              http://www.heatonresearch.com/node/2540

                              (socket connections to use another .net library)

                              Comment

                              Latest Posts

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Tyler7498, Today, 07:34 PM
                              0 responses
                              4 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Tyler7498  
                              Started by Woomera, Today, 07:24 PM
                              1 response
                              4 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChrisL  
                              Started by Newtrader101, Today, 12:31 PM
                              2 responses
                              13 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Newtrader101  
                              Started by kweiss, Today, 06:42 PM
                              0 responses
                              2 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post kweiss
                              by kweiss
                               
                              Started by Newtrader101, Today, 06:31 PM
                              0 responses
                              4 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Newtrader101  
                              Working...
                              X