Auto Chase suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Chase suggestion

I just started trying the auto chase feature with my target prices and I have a few issues with it that I'd like to see upgraded in a future release.

1) Auto chase option per contract. Right now there is a blanket auto chase when the box is checked regardless of how many contracts you're trading. I want an option that allows me to chase one target but not all two or three. This way I can allow my smaller targets to fill for the full target while having a chase feature on the bigger targets.

2) Threshold option on the auto chase. What I don't like currently is how the auto chase is triggered at the first print of my target price without it actually filling me. Example - if I'm looking to exit @ 1.3100 and price hits that number but doesn't fill me the auto chase follows price down for my assigned number of ticks to chase. This can fill me several ticks away from my original target although had I waited 10 seconds price would have moved back up and filled me at my full target.
    • So, the option I'm suggesting is this, add a parameter that allows me to input how many times price must hit my target and not exit my position before the auto chase kicks in. Example - price must print @ 1.3100 eight times before auto chase is engaged.

• Another option could be time based, meaning, once my target is touched wait six seconds (user can set their own time) before auto chase is engaged. Example - my target is 1.3100, I've got auto chase set for three ticks and a time parameter of six seconds. When price touches 1.3100 wait six seconds then move down one tick in price to 1.3099, if my target is still not exited after six more seconds then move price down one more tick to 1.3098 and so on until the target is exited or all the parameter increments have been exhausted.

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

I have sent this post to development for them to check into for next major release.

I wish you a great rest of the day.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post helpwanted  
    Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
    0 responses