Support for Strategy Analyzer with MultiFrame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support for Strategy Analyzer with MultiFrame

I barely post any message here but every time I post, there is always a good response coming out from support. I am quite impress with the level of support i get and the level of complexity NinjaTrader provides.

I have one suggestion - A feature i think NinjaTrader should support and would win a lot of hard core fans.

As title stated - the support for Strategy Analyzer with MultiFrame.

Currently, as we all know, this support isn't there. So whenever I created a multi-frame strategy and backtesting it, the graph basically shows only on the main-time-frame.

For example,
    Let's say my strategy come with
    144 ticks, 3 min, 5 min, as 144 tick is the main trading frame.
    After backtesting the strategy, the results only shows trades made on 144 ticks. And I am not able to switch to 3 min or 5 min chart to see trade made there.

It would be really convenient if this feature can be supported.

I would also suggest a feature to sync all graphs that are linked (this is not related to strategy analyzer). For example, i have 4 graphs set up, 144 ticks, 3 min, 5 min, 30 min, it would be great if I could point to any bars in any of the graph, and sync the rest graph to the same time.

Well, those are my suggestions. hopefully someone would agree with me

negativezero, thanks for the kind words and your post - we appreciate it.

For the chart time linking : have you already looked into the Global Crosshairs option we offer? If you activate this in your charts (right click > Cursor > Global Crosshair, or press Ctrl + G) you could track all charts from the currently active / in focus one.

So for the Strategy Analyzer - you would then look for a Strategy Analyzer chart that would show all series that are involved in the strategy and also show all trades for all series?

Thanks again,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

For the Strategy Analyzer, it would be good if we can switch time-frame, and see where trades are placed in different data series.

In my example above, 144 ticks (as main trading frame) along with data series for 3 min and 5 min. The results of the backtesting would show a graph with trades happened only on 144 ticks. It would be good if I can switch that time frame to 3 min or 5 min to see where those trades are in 3 min or 5 min chart.

and Thanks for pointing out. Yes, the global cursor would do the linking that I was proposing.

Comment

negativezero, thanks the clarification, appreciated. We will add your thoughts to our product enhancement lists for future consideration and post a tracking # of this item shortly.

Comment

We track this enhancement suggestion under # 1234. Thanks again for your input how to further improve our NinjaTrader platform.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
          Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
          1 response
          0 likes