Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

handling different targets

Hi ninjatrader,

I like V5 pretty much but there're few things that I was wondering about.

First, in V4, I could change my target1 byclicking left mouse button on the price I want, target2 with middle mouse button, and target3 with 'ctrl'+left mouse button.

This saves time when I need to change my target price but in V5, I have to go to the target price and then click that target and then I have to click the new price.

This in most case made me dragging middle scrolling mouse button and requires two clicks.

I like NinjaTrader's preset target sending ability from entering my position but I also need to adjust my target when the markets could give me the chanceto get bigger partial opportunity, and this mostly happens with faster market activity situation that I need to adjust my target as quick as possible.

So I would like to have that V4 function to adjust targets with single mouse click.

Second thing is about adding target from V4. I have 3 targets from entering position and then I changed my targets all at the same price by moving targets. so all 3 targets are at the same price. I think they are still different orders..like '3s' and not '3' which is good.

But I sometimes need to adjust some of target again to the different price. I could do right mouse click to change something but I don't know if I can change the price of 1-2 targets to different price(like the original status when I entered with 3 targets.)

From V4, I used add target function in this situation but I couldn't find the same thing from V5.

I would like to have that add target function back as well, OR If I missed anything to get the same result for me, please let me know.

Thank you for your attention and your time.

imported post

Add/Remove target will be available before end of year. As a work around right now, you can go to the Control Center Order Panel, and adjust the price of the specific order with one click of the "+" or "-" buttons.

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

If I could chime in here..........I also use the add/remove target on combining and separating target(s). ...Would love to be able to set a user defined default for the # of ticks away the separated "add target" gets placed from the combined target. Personally at those situations if I combine targets then want to separate them because the market was but no longer is making me nervous.....I'd probably like to set my "add target" distance far enough away to let prices runso that I could then hit the bid/offer when I finally do close that part of the position.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DynamicTest  
      Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ScottWalsh