Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search function, Cursor improvement, Instrument manager

Hello,

Loving NinjaTrader so far and I wanted to help with ideas to improve it further.

A few things that could be improved:
    • File > New > Chart > Data series. Search function: find all or part of a phrase. e.g. AC should find AC, AC.PA etc If I just type in AC and create a chart then it fails to load. If I type in AC.PA then I can create a chart.
    • 'Snap to' for Cross Hair and Cursors. Should 'snap to' nearest day's data and the same for all indicators (VOL, RSI etc). This would make finding a day's information much easier and quicker.
    • Tools > Instrument Manager > Instrument Lists > SP 500 > then the ability to double-click a ticker (e.g. AAPL) to edit the information
    • Sector information: the ability to organise data by sector and also view fundamental information for a sector like this http://biz.yahoo.com/p/s_conameu.html
    • Moving average indicators at the top of a chart should have a key. E.G. Small yellow line = 20day SMA etc
    • Preset buttons at the bottom of chart view for 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 3 years, and 5 years view would speed up use of charts and add value

Thanks
    Last edited by yoshihirouk; 02-26-2012, 06:06 AM.

Hi yoshihirouk,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum!

Its great to hear that NinjaTrader is working out so well for you. We very much appreciate that you've taken the time to write in with these suggestions - they're all very good ones! I'll forward this on to our development staff for further consideration now. Thanks again for your feedback!
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Happy to give feedback Kyle. Thanks for listening

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post Kaledus