Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing Tool Options/Templates

Hello,

I have a question or perhaps it's a suggestion. With the available Draw Tools that are currently available is there a way to create multiple options/defaults or settings which can be accessed more quickly than the current format tat is available?

For example, if using the Fib Retracement draw tool ... often times I would like to see some extension values beyond what the current settings allow or have been pre set to. (Yes, I can create multiple templates and have those templates pre set to do what I want .. however, it can be time consuming to open up the properties window and then go thru the steps to change the template.) Is there a way to access these templates with "hotkey shortcuts" or a spin of the mouse wheel which could toggle thru the available templates more quickly? (there is another charting program (Ensign Windows) that has this capability, and it is a really cool feature).

This kind of feature would also work great for draw tools such as Pitchforks, Lines, Arrays, Rectangles and Circles .. especially if a desire exists to use different colors or weights, line styles and or fill colors to help identify whatever it is the user is trying to map out.

Also on the same subject .. Currently Is there a way to create the multiple "Template" option for the Pitchfork Draw Tool? It can be rather time consuming to have to manually change each option such as line color, weight, and or line style if wanting to separate or perhaps identify more easily several different Pitchforks that have been drawn on a chart.

Is there a way that I can create a draw tool to do these things that I am asking? Or perhaps people that might be interested in taking this on and trying to create something like this?

Thanks so much for input and or consideration for future development.

Regards,

Brian

Brian,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I will send this to our dev team and get back to you with a tracking ID.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

A great suggestion below....

What about having say 10 numbered blank Draw Tool icons in the Draw Tool drop down list....then one could assign a specific format of any draw tool to one of these icons and give it a name....and there would also be hot key access to these 10 items ...

This would greatly expand usability of the draw tools....you could for example have the Trend Channel tool set up with 2 different color sets...one for long...one for short...each with hot key access....this sort of thing could be graphically very helpful...

Thanks....

Comment

To all,

This suggestion has tracking ID : 1213

Thanks for your suggestion!
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Alfred - yes .... I reallly like that idea .. this would be super helpful.

I am not a programmer ... but it would seem that it would be fairly easy to create multiple draw tools in the coding by just adding a number to the end of the draw tool name .. such as "Line # 1" .. "Line # 2" .... "Pitchfork #1" .... "Pitchfork # 2" ..... etc etc .... might be a quick and easy workaround until multiple options or tabs or templates are coded into each draw tool?? This way each Draw Tool can have it's own "Default" setting and be used accordingly, without having to do major recoding in each draw tool script??????

Thanks for the considerations :-)

Brian

Comment

fib retracement default

is there any way to set up a fib retracement default based on properties selection of same ?

Comment

Hello laredo78676,

Thank you for your note.

Within NinjaTrader 7 you may change settings for the Fibonacci drawing tool and save templates with the steps provided below.
              1. Double left mouse click on the diagonal line connecting your points which will open the Fibonacci Retracement Properties window
              2. Make any changes within the properties window
              3. Click Apply
              4. Right mouse click within your Fibonacci Properties window
              5. Manage Templates
              6. Name your template
              7. Click Save

You may save your Template with the name Default to be used automatically
              I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Drawing Tools and Objects.
              CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

fib reracement numbers

is there a way to remove the 618 number off the fib line and retain the line on the chart?

Comment

laredo78676,

You can only remove all the listed numbers, not an individual level from the Fibonacci tool.

Double left click on the diagonal line of the Fibonacci tool -> Under the 'Text Location' section, check Do No Show -> Press 'OK'
                  CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok thanks,good program NT

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                    Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM