native NT Timer Method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

native NT Timer Method

After doing some tests with the C# Timer event, it appears that there are some safeguards in NT that prevent the timer from executing more than 100 events in the same bar. See following threads:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=20470
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?p=285414#post285414

When running the strategy on large Renko bars this obviously is unacceptable. There is an unsupported workaround which is raising the MaxProcessedEvents in Initialize, but wouldn't it be nice if NT had a native Method for a timer ?

I'm thinking of a method comparable to the OnMarketData (which triggers on every incoming tick), but gets executed independent of incoming ticks. You should set the frequency of this method in initialize, let's say 1 second. All code in the "Timer- method" now gets executed every 1 second. Maybe it should be possible to have multiple timers at different frequencies ?

This timer method should act as a sort of secundary clock-pulse for the strategy, running independently from the usual incoming ticks

It can be used for :

- Efficient intrabar checking for time (to exit a strategy at a certain time) without having to run the strategy with COBC = false or using the OnMarketData to check the timestamp of incoming ticks. (In my experience the standard ExitOnClose doesn't work reliably intrabar on Kagi / Linebreak charts)

- Blinking text at a certain frequency so it attract the user's attention.For example a blinking button to signal that the strategy is live and running A static button will also display if there was a crash...

Marco
    Last edited by marcow; 05-02-2012, 12:34 PM.

Hello Marco,
    Thanks for your feedback. I will send your request to development for future consideration.

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello marcow,
      Development has assigned tracker id #1734 for your feature request.
      Please let me know if I can assists you any further.
      JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Kaledus
      by Kaledus

Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
      1 response