Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some suggestions to improve NT charting experience

Hi, guys!

Here are some good suggestions to improve charting experience, especially for chart traders who do a lot of TA on a chart in real time (it will greatly help me a lot on my daily routines):

1. Memorize days to load when switching time frames. For example: If I set chart period to 15 min and days to load 50, then if I set daily period to see how we are doing on daily and then switch back I lose my 50 days to load -> it switches to default 5 days to load.

2. Ability to convert Line to Ray, like extend to left/right.

3. If I copy a line - paste it where my cursor is rather then where original line is. It is just more logical.

4. Trend channel - there is no button "Set Default". There is a template option, but where do I modify that template?

5. Add option in drop down data series list to change chart to tick chart and option to add custom tick values. One can argue that I can type "1600t", but it is much faster, simpler, and easier to select from a menu with a mouse click than typing.

6. If would be much easier if let's say with a pressed CTRL button I can move a chart inside the window without scaling it. Right now I can move it horizontaly but if I need to do it vertically, with a pressed ctrl I have to drag cursor where the price is. It is not convenient. Much simpler would be to allow such move on a whole window.

7. "Zoom in" option does not zoom properly vertically. I thought that selecting a zone should zoom the exact rectangle I selected...

Thank you,
    Dima

Welcome to our forums Dima and thanks much for sharing your valuable feedback here with us helping to further evolve NinjaTrader for the future, I'll be gladly adding it to our product management enhancement tracking system.

To clarify two of the points you make :

1. You can set a default per PeriodType used, just right click on the settings and select 'Set Default....'.

4. Correct, no Set Default button here, but you can just save your new settings under the template name 'Default' and it would persist changes then for the next time you use this tool.

Thanks again,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

more improvements

Bertrand, Thank you for your answers.

For "1." - if you would not say it, I would never find it out... IMHO it would be much better with just a button "Set Default" for Data Series window.

For "4." - I tried as you said - no changes (I clicked on chart, templates, Save as Default). What I', trying to do is to increase width off the trend and parallel lines.

Here are some more stuff to consider:

8. When I scroll to the right, the current instrument's price becomes not visible; so if I need to know where the current price is I have to put a line as a marker or always keep in mind what the current price is (but it might change if I do it in real time). This is very inconvenient. It would be much-much better if current price would be displayed if it is within a current range on a screen (like in a gray rectangle or something).

9. It would be very cool if I would be able to remove global objects, like lines from a particular chart, but do not remove them from other charts.

10. A new quick zoom: if I hold for example SHIFT key and click and hold on a chart and move a mouse cursor - it will select by x-axis (time) a range to zoom. Usually zoom is needed only for a specific time range rather than on price range. So why don't have it?

I think with all these improvement, NT will be easily beating TS and ToS in charting.

Thank you,
      Dima

Comment

Thanks, for 4: please change your widths as needed and right click in the properties field to see the dialog 'Manage Templates', select and choose to save your new settings under the 'Default' name already filled in, NT will then ask if you wish to save a new default.

8: Thanks, will add to our lists - for now you could enabled ChartTrader as panel for example to see Level 1 data still while scrolling

9: You can set a property on every chart to include / exclude the Global Draw Objects attached to it, it's in the DataSeries window "Show Global Draw Objects" True / False (default is true)

10: added in, thanks again.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
        1 response