Annoying "Error on reloading data" dialog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoying "Error on reloading data" dialog

By my opinion the way you inform about unknown instrument while downloading historical data for instrument list is realy annoying. I added all NYSE stock symbols and of course there are a lot of unknown instruments. So imagine how obtrusive is download data if NT shows one by one dialog every moment.

Also there is no information about unknown symbol name in dialog message, so this is also beautiful that I know that I have a lot of unknown symbols in my NYSE list if I don't know their instrument names neither. And I'm really not going to look for broken symbols in 4000 instrument list.

So my recommendation is to collect list of unknown instruments while downloading instruments data and at the end of download process display list of collected unkown symbols with ability to remove them from instrument list or some another useful features.

Thanks for understand

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I have forwarded this to our development team as a suggestion on how we can improve the NinjaTrader platform. Once this suggestion has been input into our tracking system I will forward you the assigned ID number for tracking.

Also when importing instruments you may import a list under File-->Utilities-->Import Stock Symbol List. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Importing a List of Stock Symbols.

You may also add Equities "On the Fly" by typing the instrument symbol within the chart window such as SSO then hitting Enter.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm already using Import Stock Symbol List as much as possible, which is great feature. Import 4000 symbols by hand could take an ages :-)

Thanks for your forwarding.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post algospoke  
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes