Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Market profile & volume profile will ever be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market profile & volume profile will ever be?

I have a question to NT.

You will ever make market profile & volume profile charting available natively in next version?

It's becoming a main stream now.

And I recently got burned by your 3rd party vendor for this product.

Hello,

Thank you for your post and suggestion.

I have forwarded this to our development team as a suggestion on how we can improve the NinjaTrader platform. Once this suggestion has been input into our tracking system I will forward you the assigned ID number for tracking.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I thought I was getting some kind of answer but I guess I'm asking too much for now?

If I may I want to make one more comment.

The way I see it NT made a wrong move when it comes to this main stream move toward

market profile / volume profile.

You make the 3rd party vendor rich,,,not NT,,,,because most of them can run on free version

of NT.

And if I want to buy or lease the license for NT,,,the cost adds up to the point NT's not competitive among other platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by kalalex View Post
        I thought I was getting some kind of answer but I guess I'm asking too much for now?

If I may I want to make one more comment.

The way I see it NT made a wrong move when it comes to this main stream move toward

market profile / volume profile.

You make the 3rd party vendor rich,,,not NT,,,,because most of them can run on free version

of NT.

And if I want to buy or lease the license for NT,,,the cost adds up to the point NT's not competitive among other platforms.
        Kalalex, Hi.

This is the standard answer to suggestions. There are some improvement suggestions that are being tracked for more than 2 years with tracking numbers over 500. Do you think they will be ever implemented? I for one don't think so. What is obvious to us is that competition is catching up and moving ahead with features like Market Profile, Volume Profile, Geometric and Harmonic Pattern Recognition, order flow, COT report capability, system instability and crashes, the list goes on a long way.

Seems like Ninja is non-committal as far as scheduled releases or communicating improvements to users, There seem to be an apparent shift toward developing partnership programs and letting them do the work. I hope this is not the case, because the old technology of just providing a framework and let others sell you plug-ins is over. That is the same reason that Metastock is struggling now.

Cheers!
        Last edited by aligator; 06-25-2012, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
          Kalalex, Hi.

Seems like Ninja is non-committal as far as scheduled releases or communicating improvements to users, There seem to be an apparent shift toward developing partnership programs and letting them do the work. I hope this is not the case, because the old technology of just providing a framework and let others sell you plug-ins is over. That is the same reason that Metastock is struggling now.

Cheers!
          aligator,

I really hope that NT is not following Metastock path either.
          I watch webinars done by NT and it seems like they are running out of things to show for now.
          Again, compared to other platforms, NT's lacking innovation/renovation.
          NT's the mothership and these 3rd party vendors need a leader to thrive also.

Comment

here here !! well said aligator. NT needs to focus on this or be quickly left behind !
            Last edited by waverider; 06-26-2012, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Guys,

I would like to quickly jump in here and let you know that we working on our next major release. I cannot say much about it at this stage other then it is a large project that will take us some time to complete. In this project we expect to implement a lot of user suggestions and requested functionality. There is no expected release date I could provide at this time.

-Brett

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                Guys,

I would like to quickly jump in here and let you know that we working on our next major release. I cannot say much about it at this stage other then it is a large project that will take us some time to complete. In this project we expect to implement a lot of user suggestions and requested functionality. There is no expected release date I could provide at this time.

-Brett
                Brett,

Thanks for chiming in.
                What I don't understand is that the reason NT hush-hush about what's included in the grand project.
                For marketing stand point, it'll be better for NT if you could release a little teaser here and there.

Comment

The request for Market Profile has been submitted to our development team and has been assigned ID # 800 for tracking.

For Volume Profile you may use any of the Power Volume Indicators currently available within NinjaTrader.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Power Volume Indicators.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Brett,

Thanks for chiming in.
                    What I don't understand is that the reason NT hush-hush about what's included in the grand project.
                    For marketing stand point, it'll be better for NT if you could release a little teaser here and there.
                    don't expect too much from them. They are still following old thinking scheme - no open discussion with community (read: they know better), no public wish list and no public voting, no way to influence development. Major releases are many years apart, and once they are released features you waited for so long are not there, and won't be there because they will be fixing bugs till next major release and won't implement new requested features no matter how small they are.

Someone asked about public wish list/voting on BMT webinar, answer was something like - "we don't want competitors to see what our users need." I almost fell of of my chair

Comment

What a shameless plug.

Comment

Brett,

Thanks for chiming in.
                        Kalalex, there are 2 schools of thought about that. I for one prefer that Vendors do not get me salivating with vaporware. As a quintessential example, M$ continually promises stuff in the next OS, then does not deliver.

I would rather a vendor just give me what they have done. Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they cannot be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post

I would rather a vendor just give me what they have done. Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they cannot be disappointed.
                          I think I'm becoming a "blessed" one.

Comment

Originally posted by sachinbhuriya
                            Hi all;
                            I have just started commodity trading and want to get free tips like mcx tips or commodity tips how can i get it online ? please help.
                            Another plug?

Comment

Composite volume profile, orderflow

I have a question to NT.

You will ever make market profile & volume profile charting available natively in next version?

It's becoming a main stream now.

And I recently got burned by your 3rd party vendor for this product.
                              Hello, any progress in this?? Any details if you are planning to implement composite volume profile (not just realtime only volume profile) and orderflow stuff to NT?? Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                              15 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post xiinteractive  
                              Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB