Session times - global set? EST?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Session times - global set? EST?

Is there a way to set a GLOBAL session start/end time, so that it does not have to be set manually on every chart, and in Eastern Time Zone ?

QT allows not only a global session time frame, but also allows session times to be defined as variables for easy changing or selection.

Most especially, allow the defining time zone to be SELECTABLE. Right now, NT only think in the local time zone. One point, not every time zone has daylight savings time.

This means that not only do I have to set start/end times in local times on every single chart, but TWICE a YEAR, I will forced to individually and manually change EVERY single chart one at a time to the new start/end times since Arizona (for example) does not have daylight savings time. This does not make sense. Why would it be designed this way?

Market open will change from 7:30 AM to 6:30AM.

Thanks for your suggestions. We'll add them to the list of future considerations.

Comment

I am also using QuoteTracker, because it has 2 features that NinjaTrader does not have (please add them and I will purchase NinjaTrader!)

- accurate pivots based on session times that can be defined for each instrument
      - paint bars that can be easily added to the chart (allowing to colour bars or the background of the chart with the help of custom defined indicators)

Of course, NinjaTrader is by far a superior concept including order execution, strategy design and back testing and cannot be compared to QuoteTracker, but those 2 features alone make me stick with QT
      Last edited by Harry; 01-17-2008, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Suggestions and Feedback

Hello,

Thanks again for your suggestions. I have forwarded them to development and have had them added to our future enhancement list.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Max238