MarketReplay control window- window always on top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MarketReplay control window- window always on top

I would like to suggest an improvement to the MarketReplay control window, I mean the window in which you set replay speed and from/to dates for market replay.

Currently this window is always on top, and honestly this can sometimes be very annoying, especially if you work in other programs at the same time you run marketreplay. You have to be very carefull not to accidentally hit the slider, or your performance results will be gone !

Therefore I would suggest to either :
    a) make a button on this window to switch to/from always on top, just like IB TWS has on the "unlock application" window.
    b) link the replay control window to the NT main control panel, so that it only becomes visible if you bring the NT Control Panel in front.

Marco

Hello Marco,

Thank you for your suggestion on how we can improve NinjaTrader. I will forward this suggestion along to our development team.
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Marco,

Thank you for your suggestion for the improvement of NinjaTrader. I have submitted it into our tracking system with the unique ID #458.
      Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Has this been addressed? I've been looking for a way to get this thing to stop jamming me up but I remain jammed every day.

Comment

Hello WalterSkinner,

Thanks for posting.

It would not be expected for the replay controller being set to always on top to 'jam up' the platform. This symptom is more likely to be the result of corrupted data or a problem with your workspace. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3204449 ATTN Tyler

I look forward to being of assistance.
          Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Tyler View Post
            Hello WalterSkinner,

Thanks for posting.

It would not be expected for the replay controller being set to always on top to 'jam up' the platform. This symptom is more likely to be the result of corrupted data or a problem with your workspace. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3204449 ATTN Tyler

I look forward to being of assistance.
            Hi Tyler. Sorry for the use of the word "jam" here I didn't mean to imply that an error was occurring as a result of my inability to change the "always on top" setting (if one exists).

To put this another way: how can I toggle this always on top setting so that it is off?

If this is still an ancient pending feature request please add my vote for it.

PS this is context for the verb "jam" as used here: https://youtu.be/ebGFXr2QpoA

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Interest in this is now being tracked under the tracking ID SFT-954. I have added your vote. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Don't hesitate to reach out if we may be of further assistance.
              Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post trilliantrader  
              Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
              1 response
              0 likes