Tag positions with info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tag positions with info

Don't think this is possible currently, but would be handy to be able to tag positions that I enter and exit. I am currently discretionary trading a set of strategies that I have developed, however currently I only can see the performance of my account. The easy solution would be I guess to have a different account for each strategy, but if it is possible I'd like to not have to do that. I'd like to tag positions I enter with a name (i.e. StrategyName=Foo).

I'd like to then in the Account Performance tab filter based on tags so that it would be possible to calculate statistics for tag or collection of tags. For example, with the above tag StrategyName, I'd to get the monthly, yearly, etc performance of that discretionary strategy or a combination of other strategies.

Thanks,
    Matt

Hello Matt,
    Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately currently it is not possible to filter the trades based on NinjaScript strategies. I will however forward your feature request to development for future consideration.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Joydeep,

The filter I'm talking about isn't based on NinjaScript strategies, but rather an arbitrary tag(s) you associate with orders and positions. So for example, if you are using chart trader, you could select a set of tags from a drop down menu kinda like you do for ATM strategies, but just additional metadata info.

Thanks,
      Matt

Comment

Hello Matt,
        Thanks for the clarification. I will forward your request to development.
        JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
        1 response
        0 likes