Enhance the NT Restore Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enhance the NT Restore Process

I suggest that the NT Restore process be enhanced to make it safer to use. Currently when NT goes into Restore mode you have one chance to stop the restore of ALL files that were backedup into the file. You are not informed of what files are going to be restored before the process runs.

1) When restore mode is entered by either selecting the Restore Utility or opening a .ntbk file then NT should present a list like Backup Utility but have the option to see and select individual files for Restore in a tree structure. The list should contain only type of files stored in the selected .ntbk file. The default should be no files to be replaced.

2) Before replacing any files Restore should present a replace confirmation window showing all files that are about to be replaced and giving the user the option of replacing or cancelling the replace. It would be nice to have the datetime stamps of file being replaced and the file that will replace it.

Note: Selective replace can be done with WinZip or similar utilities. I explain how in my post at http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=52374 . But use of WinZip is unsupported.
    Last edited by Jim W.; 09-11-2012, 09:06 AM.

Hello Jim,
    Thanks for your feed back. I will send your feature request to development for future consideration.

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

An additional suggestion:

Have the first step in the Restore process be an optional Backup. Suggest that before Restoring anything it is recommended that you have a complete current backup available.

Comment

Hello Jim,
        Thanks for your note.

Development has assigned tracker id #401 for your feature request.
        JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Rapine Heihei  
        Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
        0 responses
        1 view