Bitcoin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bitcoin

Are you planning on offering support for bitcoin on mtgox or other exchanges?

Thanks much

Welcome to our forums and thanks for the post here bingersb - access to those exchanges is currently not possible unfortunately, but I have added your request to our enhancement list in product management for future consideration.

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, not possible meaning its technically not possible?
      Or not possible meaning you just dont have the work done to make it happen now?

Thanks

Comment

There's no supported connection option right now that would support accessing those exchanges / products unfortunately.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, please reply to this thread if that ever changes.

Thank you

Comment

You need to get on this

With the currency collapse of Argentina and the bank seizures in Cyprus-- you guys better get on the stick and allow us to chart in Bitcoins.

Comment

Api

Basically, it will take someone who knows how to work with the real-time data from one of the major BTC exchanges... who also knows how to work within the confines of NT's "External Data Feed" function.

Someone who can do that.... they are going to make a lot of money, because the charting packages out there that support live connection to BTC exchanges are JUNK.

Comment

There is an answer

Thanks Fury661.
                Data feed from MTgox is already available - see here:
                Clark Moody presents a suite of real-time bitcoin tools: charts, data, trading, fundamentals, and economics

May I suggest that you are RIGHT and that there is a lot of money to be made by someone building a utility that snags the Mtgox datafeed like the guy did in the website above and ports it into the NT External Data Feed function.

May I suggest hiring some programmers from elance.com?

Comment

MtGox API bitcoin

Bump. As a long time user of NT I hearby add my name to the list of those who would use this feature exclusively if available.

Comment

This guy is working on a platform to access the order flow.
                    Last edited by WLolli3342; 04-13-2013, 10:41 AM. Reason: not finished

Comment

I dreamed a dream

From the content of this thread, it looks as if the External Data Feed function idea would NOT work for connecting MtGox's API to NT:

Too bad.... NT is a stellar platform.

Wish the guys at NT would connect us up. Fortunately, I am a price formation / volumne trader; even the crappy charts currently available are enough to get a good read on what the market is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by fury661 View Post
                        From the content of this thread, it looks as if the External Data Feed function idea would NOT work for connecting MtGox's API to NT:

Too bad.... NT is a stellar platform.

Wish the guys at NT would connect us up. Fortunately, I am a price formation / volumne trader; even the crappy charts currently available are enough to get a good read on what the market is doing.
                        This guys has a tool to link the mtgox API to NT. He lets you see the demo via an isolated RDP remote desktop demo.
                        ninjatools.somee.com/

I am considering buying the tool

Comment

Please post your experience below about this datafeed tool for $110 :-/ tool. There is only a screen shot on the website and nothing clickable or any explanation.. almost looks like a scam

Wessel

Comment

Originally posted by WLolli3342 View Post
                            This guys has a tool to link the mtgox API to NT. He lets you see the demo via an isolated RDP remote desktop demo.
                            ninjatools.somee.com/

I am considering buying the tool
                            So, if you get the datafeed, can you submit an order?

Comment

Actually it works pretty good. The instructions on how to set it up are not too great, but the good news is that you can login to a remote desktop and see how he connects to Mtgox. There is the ZIP file itself that you install like any other NT script-- and then there is the procedure to setup the Mtgox access in the NT Instrument Manager, which is not documented, but you can see how he did it by logging in to the RDP session.

In the RDP session, shutting down NT also resets the remote session environment, so that is pretty cool for demos.
                              The speed at which the Mtgox downloads trade-orderflow data is slow, but that is not the fault of the tool. I am glad I bought it. Using it and then trading thru a Mtgox account, and watching order flow thru this website:
                              Clark Moody presents a suite of real-time bitcoin tools: charts, data, trading, fundamentals, and economics

all adds up to a good way to analyze the data and plan trades.

It's NOT like trading futures, but what the hey-- its Bitcoins !!

You can contact the seller at this address --- [email protected]
                              He will need your Ninja machine ID, etc.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB