Reload historical data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reload historical data

Ninja offers only "Reload all historical data". This is most of the times too much, just the visible part of the chart would be sufficient most of the time.

Suggestion: add "reload chart data" and move reload all to the historical data manager.

I am using IB, where loading of the historical data is limited and pretty slow. Usually it ends with a pacing violation error message, which makes even opening a new chart impossible for the next 5 minutes.

Hello mithnadril,
    Thanks for your feed back.

If you try downloading the data using the Historical Data Manager then can you make it work.

Please refer to our help guide to know more about it.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank You. I overlooked that, because I was only looking in the reload tab of the historical data manager ot the chart menu.

Comment

Hello mithnadril,
        Thanks for your note and glad to know the Download feature in Historical Data Manager worked for you.

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.

Comment

I am confused about the Historical Data Manager. Here

it sounds as though it will use the cache data when it can, however in my experience it always shows "Loading URTY..." in the Control Center. Does it print that out when it is reading from the cache as well as when it is reading from the data provider?

I am also dealing with this "pacing violation" from IB. I want to slowly add the data to the HIstorical Data Manager and then only access IB again for real time data.

Comment

Hello tradetree,
            The download feature will download the data from your connectivity provider directly.

Unfortunately IB throttles data if you pull too much data from it. Please refer here to know more about IB data limitations

Comment

Yes, I understand about the IB limitation. What I'm trying to do is work around the limitation by using the Historical Data Manager. But I don't see when it goes to the Historical Data Manager vs. when it goes and does a download. If I have 1 years worth of minute data for an instrument, and then I start a new trading day with a chart going back one year, I assume it pulls from the Historical Data Manager data and then only pulls the new real-time data for the current day from IB?

Comment

Hello tradetree,
                Please make sure to uncheck "Get data from server" to pull the data from the historical database.
                • In Control Center menu bar goto Tools>Options…
                • In the Options dialog, click on the Data tab
                • Check on the option “Check charts data as historical”
                • Uncheck the option “Get data from server (if available)”

Also please note, IB provides limited data only. Please refer here to know the data limitations for IB.

Comment

This didn't work as I expected. It seems to not get real time data either when this is unchecked (get data from server). So it only works as a temporary shut off of real data for existing data. What I was looking for was old data being pulled from the database while real-time data is still taken from the feed. I guess this is not an option?

Comment

Hello tradetree,

Thanks for your reply.

with these settings you should be receiving only real-time data (which will be saved as historical data) and any missing historical data would need to be manually downloaded.
                    So I may check your settings please send in your configuration file to [email protected]
                    In the email please add a link to this forum topic and say ATTN: Brandon

You will find your configuration file in the following directory:
                    (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\config.xml

I look forward to assisting you further.
                    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post aussugardefender  
                    Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
                    14 responses
                    0 likes