suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suggestions

1. extended rectangle with price labels on the top and bottom. This would be a rectangle that shades the same way as the current one, but extends all the way to the right and has price labels.

2. The ability to move rectangles when you draw it on one time frame and then dial down to a smaller one and can then adjust it.

3. Double clicking the static superdom and it centers it.

4.Why when you click on a bar then all the bars have dots on them, not a huge deal, but fairly annoying having to re click the chart away from a bar. Can you change this? What is the point of that?

5. If you have an ATM strategy on and say have 4 lots offered at x and 3 lots at x+1. If you move that 3 lot to the 4 lot offer, then you cannot section it back out. if you try and move the original 3 lot that was moved it moves all 7 lots. These should stay as 2 separate orders offered at the same price, with the ability to move one of them, IMHO.

6.If you have an ATM strategy on that is offering say 7 lots as a target and stop. You then decide to bail on 2 of those lots, the remaining target and stop number of lots should reduce to the total lots that are still open. IE supporting scaling out when a ATM strategy has a position open.

i will probably have more later

thanks

Hello and thank you for your post,

I will have these suggestions forwarded to the development team and provide you with ticket ID's for each request once they have been filed.

Originally posted by Dr. Bocephus View Post
    1. extended rectangle with price labels on the top and bottom. This would be a rectangle that shades the same way as the current one, but extends all the way to the right and has price labels.
    This indicator (or another on our forum) may assist you: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...tid=-1&lpage=1
    forum indicators: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ks.php?catid=4

4.Why when you click on a bar then all the bars have dots on them, not a huge deal, but fairly annoying having to re click the chart away from a bar. Can you change this? What is the point of that?
    These black squares indicate the object has been selected. Once a data series is selected users can do things such as adjust the depth of the selected object. (When selected hold shift -> scroll mouse wheel) see z-order: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ng_a_chart.htm

You can disable this by right clicking on the char -> Properties -> "Allow the selection or drag/drop of chart series" = false

6.If you have an ATM strategy on that is offering say 7 lots as a target and stop. You then decide to bail on 2 of those lots, the remaining target and stop number of lots should reduce to the total lots that are still open. IE supporting scaling out when a ATM strategy has a position open.
    You can split your ATM targets by right clicking on the ladder and clicking add target

Let me know if you have further questions.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks will look at this

Comment

It will not allow you to add a target if you already have 3 targets enabled under the ATm.

Once all three of these are moved to one price point then they become one order and cannot be moved.

Can you submit this request? Once orders are moved to a single price point to keep them as three separate orders when trading with the ATM strategy.

thanks

Comment

1. Have the charts recognize a drop in time frame to 5 minute and 1 minute based on entering that #.

ie------

If i am on a m15 chart and i input 60 then enter, the chart will go to a 60 minute time frame.

If i then want to go back to a m5 or m1 chart by pressing (5 or 1 then enter) it will not do this and says " invalid instrument name".

It will drop to a m15 time frame but not a m5 or m1.

thanks

Comment

1. Have the charts recognize a drop in time frame to 5 minute and 1 minute based on entering that #.

ie------

If i am on a m15 chart and i input 60 then enter, the chart will go to a 60 minute time frame.

If i then want to go back to a m5 or m1 chart by pressing (5 or 1 then enter) it will not do this and says " invalid instrument name".

It will drop to a m15 time frame but not a m5 or m1.

thanks
            Thank you for your post,

Unfortunately this is a current limitation and has been assigned the ticket ID: #2061
            Currently you will need to type "5m" to quickly toggle to 5 minute bars.

2. The ability to move rectangles when you draw it on one time frame and then dial down to a smaller one and can then adjust it.
            Could you please clarify this. As of right now I am able to draw a rectangle on one time frame and when I switch to another the rectangle is still present.

5. If you have an ATM strategy on and say have 4 lots offered at x and 3 lots at x+1. If you move that 3 lot to the 4 lot offer, then you cannot section it back out. if you try and move the original 3 lot that was moved it moves all 7 lots. These should stay as 2 separate orders offered at the same price, with the ability to move one of them, IMHO.
            You can right click on the combined set and cancel one of the sets. You can also adjust the quantity by clicking the number on the side.
            Additionally you can split the orders via the Orders tab on the Control center by clicking the increase/decrease (+ or -) button for the specific order.

It will not allow you to add a target if you already have 3 targets enabled under the ATm.

Once all three of these are moved to one price point then they become one order and cannot be moved.

Can you submit this request? Once orders are moved to a single price point to keep them as three separate orders when trading with the ATM strategy.
            You can do this via the + and - quick buttons. Right click the SuperDOM -> Properties -> "Show quick buttons" -> True
            If you have three targets already and have placed them on the same level, you can first click the - Target button and then click the + Target button to split them.

I will provide the remaining ticket ID's upon receiving them.
            Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Lance View Post
              Thank you for your post,

Unfortunately this is a current limitation and has been assigned the ticket ID: #2061
              Currently you will need to type "5m" to quickly toggle to 5 minute bars.
              thanks that works fine

Could you please clarify this. As of right now I am able to draw a rectangle on one time frame and when I switch to another the rectangle is still present.
              Not see them, adjust them. If you draw one on a m15 chart and then go to a m1 chart you cannot adjust them --- ie make them smaller or larger.

I will look at the rest of your post above.

thanks for your time.

Comment

Hello,

1. (this one can be done with indicators but it is not built in) extended rectangle with price labels on the top and bottom. This would be a rectangle that shades the same way as the current one, but extends all the way to the right and has price labels.

3. Double clicking the static superdom and it centers it.
                1. Assigned to: #2062
                3. Assigned to: #2063

Comment

Hello,

Not see them, adjust them. If you draw one on a m15 chart and then go to a m1 chart you cannot adjust them --- ie make them smaller or larger.
                  You will be able to adjust them by resizing your window so that you can see the edges of the box.

You can click and drag both the x and y axis to shrink the window.

Comment

You can right click on the combined set and cancel one of the sets. You can also adjust the quantity by clicking the number on the side. if you do this it also reduces your stop. If i am in 10 lots and then reduce my target by three i do not want my stop to reduce by three as well.
                    Additionally you can split the orders via the Orders tab on the Control center by clicking the increase/decrease (+ or -) button for the specific order.

You can do this via the + and - quick buttons. Right click the SuperDOM -> Properties -> "Show quick buttons" -> True
                    If you have three targets already and have placed them on the same level, you can first click the - Target button and then click the + Target button to split them. This only lets you split them 1 time and you cannot section it back out to three orders. This is better than nothing but it just seems easier if it kept the orders separate and you could just move them by clicking and dragging it like normal.

I will provide the remaining ticket ID's upon receiving them.
                    See my response above in bold.

thanks

Comment

Hello,

You will be able to adjust them by resizing your window so that you can see the edges of the box.

You can click and drag both the x and y axis to shrink the window.

thanks that works fine by adjusting the axis

Comment

Hello,
                        if you do this it also reduces your stop. If i am in 10 lots and then reduce my target by three i do not want my stop to reduce by three as well.
                        The information I posted was in regards to placing entry orders.

Unfortunately this is how the ATM strategies are designed to operate. I will have your suggestion forwarded to development. Currently you will have to manually place the stop order after reducing the target.

This only lets you split them 1 time and you cannot section it back out to three orders. This is better than nothing but it just seems easier if it kept the orders separate and you could just move them by clicking and dragging it like normal.
                        You can also re-split your target orders by using the Increase/Decrease buttons on the orders tab of the Control center.

Comment

One last suggestion and then i will leave you alone for the day.

And i appreciate all of you support guys, you all answer all questions very quickly.

If i have a H1 chart pulled up and i have the cross hairs hovering over a certain h1 bar at a certain price and time. I would like to right click and have an option "go to price and time". Then when the mouse is over "price and time" another window pops out that has the different time periods ( m1, m5, m15, m30, h1).

Then when you click on the time frame the chart would automatically go to that price and time on the time frame that you select.

let me know if i explained that ok, this would be a great feature to have.

thanks

Comment

Hello and thank you for your post,
                            if you do this it also reduces your stop. If i am in 10 lots and then reduce my target by three i do not want my stop to reduce by three as well.
                            Has been assigned to ID: #1793
                            For now you will have to increase the target to a much further point so that it is not filled.

If i have a H1 chart pulled up and i have the cross hairs hovering over a certain h1 bar at a certain price and time. I would like to right click and have an option "go to price and time". Then when the mouse is over "price and time" another window pops out that has the different time periods ( m1, m5, m15, m30, h1).

Then when you click on the time frame the chart would automatically go to that price and time on the time frame that you select.
                            I will forward this to development.

And i appreciate all of you support guys, you all answer all questions very quickly.
                            Thank you for the kind words

Comment

Hello,

Assigned ID: #2064

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post funk10101  
                              Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes