more frequent updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more frequent updates

Please provide more updates and major versions of Ninjatrader.

These updates should fix the numerous technical issues discussed on this forum (and which were confirmed by NT support ) and not only provide additional connection to new data providers (which is in my experience the biggest part of previous updates)

I understand expanding the Ninjatrader ecosystem (new partners, more data connections) is commercially more viable than fixing advanced technical issues which new users of NT are unlikely to experience.However, in my opinion you should give some more credit and attention to your current customers.

There are many users on this forum who just like me have reported issues (all of which confirmed by NT support) who are told to wait for the next major realease of NT.
    When will there be a major release ? 1 year, 2 years, or do we wait forever ?

Let me give you an example of how it should be done:
    Professionally I work with 3dsMAX from Autodesk which is a 3d modelling software. Once a year a major release and in between 2 or 3 updates to fix various issues. I'm fully aware that Autodesk is a very large company with lots of programmers, so I'm not expecting NT to match their exact update shedule.

But maybe NT update policy should shift a little in their direction ?
    Maybe it would make sense to make customers pay for new major updates -prefferably once a year- would that speed things up a little ?
    Personally I would be happy to pay an annually fee of 25% of a lifetime license for major updates.

Again, this is no NT bashing, this is my view on NT software update policy.
    And also, I'm not complaining about the NT support team on this forum, quick responses and helpful to find solutions
    The problem is what happens after an issue is confirmed. In my opionion it simply takes way to long to fix.

I'm sure there are many forum members that will agree.

Marco

You could make a difference!

Originally posted by marcow View Post
    Please provide more updates and major versions of Ninjatrader.

These updates should fix the numerous technical issues discussed on this forum (and which were confirmed by NT support ) and not only provide additional connection to new data providers (which is in my experience the biggest part of previous updates)

I understand expanding the Ninjatrader ecosystem (new partners, more data connections) is commercially more viable than fixing advanced technical issues which new users of NT are unlikely to experience.However, in my opinion you should give some more credit and attention to your current customers.

There are many users on this forum who just like me have reported issues (all of which confirmed by NT support) who are told to wait for the next major realease of NT.
    When will there be a major release ? 1 year, 2 years, or do we wait forever ?

Let me give you an example of how it should be done:
    Professionally I work with 3dsMAX from Autodesk which is a 3d modelling software. Once a year a major release and in between 2 or 3 updates to fix various issues. I'm fully aware that Autodesk is a very large company with lots of programmers, so I'm not expecting NT to match their exact update shedule.

But maybe NT update policy should shift a little in their direction ?
    Maybe it would make sense to make customers pay for new major updates -prefferably once a year- would that speed things up a little ?
    Personally I would be happy to pay an annually fee of 25% of a lifetime license for major updates.

Again, this is no NT bashing, this is my view on NT software update policy.
    And also, I'm not complaining about the NT support team on this forum, quick responses and helpful to find solutions
    The problem is what happens after an issue is confirmed. In my opionion it simply takes way to long to fix.

I'm sure there are many forum members that will agree.

Marco

Comment

Marco, I want to thank you for this post and can definitely understand the perspective, knowing you (and others) worked patiently with us identifying potential bugs and limitations of our platform - input we highly appreciate helping us to further evolve the product in the future. Of course if an issue directly affects your setup and strategy you want to see a as quickly as possible fix, unfortunately this might not always be a feasible route to take. Our next major release is heavily being worked and all input and feedback actively tracked to enhance user experience, at this time I could not give you an ETA unfortunately.

I will also forward your thoughts on providing more frequent, potentially paid updates to our management.

Thanks again for voicing your thoughts,
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
        Marco, I want to thank you for this post and can definitely understand the perspective, knowing you (and others) worked patiently with us identifying potential bugs and limitations of our platform - input we highly appreciate helping us to further evolve the product in the future. Of course if an issue directly affects your setup and strategy you want to see a as quickly as possible fix, unfortunately this might not always be a feasible route to take. Our next major release is heavily being worked and all input and feedback actively tracked to enhance user experience, at this time I could not give you an ETA unfortunately.

I will also forward your thoughts on providing more frequent, potentially paid updates to our management.

Thanks again for voicing your thoughts,
        Since there are no approximate dates on any minor or major updates/fixes, one wonders if any of our suggestions are even taken seriously!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post WHICKED
        by WHICKED

Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        15 responses
        0 likes