We're not MUSHROOMS !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're not MUSHROOMS !!

Hi all - Still a great fan of NT but feel many users do have a point and would like to add my 2 pennyworth to the message that is now, it seems, being shouted at you - keep seeing the next great release being touted by the NT team "but can't say too much about it." Well something would be nice, Apple didn't get to where they are today using this tactic, in fact it is the worst marketing tactic and would suggest to users that you do in fact have nothing, it is unnatural to not advertise/boast/market/promote your latest greatest product. Even Henry Ford did it and the only choice was black !! Please can you tell us on a separate read only thread, what we can expect. It only needs to be a list, nothing long winded or fancy and if it is indeed 'nothing' then that's fine as well, at least we can then make an informed decision - we have after all paid you for the product !
    Most of the functionality people require is available either as a free download from this site or from a paid for 3rd party vendor. I'm sure all who are trading successfully can afford the fees most of these vendors ask for - but that aside I believe it is time that there was a list of new features/enhancements available to users/subscribers of the NT platform. Some simple examples would be open interest data handling - volume split between bid and ask - minimize or resize the basic DOM (if you trade with the monitor positioned in portrait for example I would want the DOM to fit horizontally across the screen rather than vertically down the side of it) - why doesn't NT start if the data providers server is down? (you have to turn your router off to start NT in this instance) - where is the list of suggestions previously made with their allocated 'suggestion numbers' and why isn't there an update for each one(even if it's not going to be implemented. We may stop suggesting it then!).
    We appreciate that there is only so much money in the pot and the platform/3rd party vendor commissions constrain the budget - maybe it's time to look at a leased option at a reasonable price that will bring in regular revenue rather than a once off fee that has to then support users for eternity (This form of revenue requires you to have a consistent and continually brilliant reputation, which once tarnished ensures your demise). Maybe a set of leased indicators such as MP etc to generate revenue - the only other option I see for NT is selling your soul to a broker for exclusive rights and no one wants that - why not try going open source and get us all to help you - worked for Linux and their 30 million users. (I trade using VirtualBox on a Linux OS - TOS have a Linux platform - no one else has really filled this space yet ! (another suggestion)) As you can tell - I fear for the future of the platform that provides me with a daily income and maybe that is a consideration you should have - some of us are reliant on NT for our wages and a new platform means 'downtime'. Yes we could go elsewhere but that would sort of make the point of NT as a business - pointless ! We don't want to anyway - we want to see NT thrive and continue to succeed. So please listen, that's why we bother to let you know what our concerns are.
    These are just a few of my gripes, nothing massive, but never the less frustrating. I'm sure many others have many more suggestions and of course, not all can be implemented, we are not daft and accept that NT can't be all things to all men but neither are we MUSHROOMS - so please don't keep us in the dark and feed us s*it !

Please add comments to this - but remember - please be polite the support guys do a great job and they are there for support, they are not the decision makers - this is meant for management to read !!

Originally posted by stocktraderbmp View Post
    Hi all - Still a great fan of NT but feel many users do have a point and would like to add my 2 pennyworth to the message that is now, it seems, being shouted at you - keep seeing the next great release being touted by the NT team "but can't say too much about it." Well something would be nice, Apple didn't get to where they are today using this tactic, in fact it is the worst marketing tactic and would suggest to users that you do in fact have nothing, it is unnatural to not advertise/boast/market/promote your latest greatest product. Even Henry Ford did it and the only choice was black !! Please can you tell us on a separate read only thread, what we can expect. It only needs to be a list, nothing long winded or fancy and if it is indeed 'nothing' then that's fine as well, at least we can then make an informed decision - we have after all paid you for the product !
    Most of the functionality people require is available either as a free download from this site or from a paid for 3rd party vendor. I'm sure all who are trading successfully can afford the fees most of these vendors ask for - but that aside I believe it is time that there was a list of new features/enhancements available to users/subscribers of the NT platform. Some simple examples would be open interest data handling - volume split between bid and ask - minimize or resize the basic DOM (if you trade with the monitor positioned in portrait for example I would want the DOM to fit horizontally across the screen rather than vertically down the side of it) - why doesn't NT start if the data providers server is down? (you have to turn your router off to start NT in this instance) - where is the list of suggestions previously made with their allocated 'suggestion numbers' and why isn't there an update for each one(even if it's not going to be implemented. We may stop suggesting it then!).
    We appreciate that there is only so much money in the pot and the platform/3rd party vendor commissions constrain the budget - maybe it's time to look at a leased option at a reasonable price that will bring in regular revenue rather than a once off fee that has to then support users for eternity (This form of revenue requires you to have a consistent and continually brilliant reputation, which once tarnished ensures your demise). Maybe a set of leased indicators such as MP etc to generate revenue - the only other option I see for NT is selling your soul to a broker for exclusive rights and no one wants that - why not try going open source and get us all to help you - worked for Linux and their 30 million users. (I trade using VirtualBox on a Linux OS - TOS have a Linux platform - no one else has really filled this space yet ! (another suggestion)) As you can tell - I fear for the future of the platform that provides me with a daily income and maybe that is a consideration you should have - some of us are reliant on NT for our wages and a new platform means 'downtime'. Yes we could go elsewhere but that would sort of make the point of NT as a business - pointless ! We don't want to anyway - we want to see NT thrive and continue to succeed. So please listen, that's why we bother to let you know what our concerns are.
    These are just a few of my gripes, nothing massive, but never the less frustrating. I'm sure many others have many more suggestions and of course, not all can be implemented, we are not daft and accept that NT can't be all things to all men but neither are we MUSHROOMS - so please don't keep us in the dark and feed us s*it !

Please add comments to this - but remember - please be polite the support guys do a great job and they are there for support, they are not the decision makers - this is meant for management to read !!
    Well, there are 2 schools of thought about that. Taking a cue from most Linux development, I prefer the NT method of WYSIWYG, rather than the well worn M$ method of vaporware.

Comment

We appreciate that there is only so the only other option I see for NT is selling your soul to a broker for exclusive rights and no one wants that - why not try going open source and get us all to help you - worked for Linux and their 30 million users. (I trade using VirtualBox on a Linux OS - TOS have a Linux platform - no one else has really filled this space yet ! (another suggestion))
      ToS is in Java. NT 7 is .NET.

I don't think NT is hurting for cash flow.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to write this detailed post.

As we get closer to the release of our next major version we would be able to provide more details. Unfortunately we are not at that point yet, and with so many moving pieces it would also be unfair to say we are or are not adding something and then have it need to be dramatically changed at last minute due to XYZ. Once we feel a little more confident on what the final product will be like we will start to disseminate the information. Until then I ask that you continue to have patience as we work hard on development for our next major release.

Furthermore I do not have any expected release date at this time.

Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
          ... it would also be unfair to say we are or are not adding something and then have it need to be dramatically changed at last minute due to XYZ.
          As I said, I, for one, do not like vaporware.

Comment

The next version of NT

My MAJOR concern with a "NinjaTrader8", or whatever the next major revision will be, is that it NOT be a code-breaker...meaning that any of the chart items I use daily now in NT 7 be able to transfer to the new version without issue.

Comment

Agreed - vaporware is pointless - but it would be nice to see a few of the regularly repeated issues that people have - and some of the practical suggestions being addressed/implemented. Possible a few suggestions could be short listed and a users polled for the ones they would like to see. Only a suggestion/thought !

Comment

Can you believe this was over a year ago !

And 3 further versions of NT7 ! - Still can't get simple things like bond prices to display correctly in market analyzer or indicator values without hacking the code yourself !!
                If I hadn't invested so much time and effort into NT and all the various communities/forums (BMT etc) I'd be looking at SierraCharts or InvestorRT.
                A change may be imminent.

Comment

And 3 further versions of NT7 ! - Still can't get simple things like bond prices to display correctly in market analyzer or indicator values without hacking the code yourself !!
                  If I hadn't invested so much time and effort into NT and all the various communities/forums (BMT etc) I'd be looking at SierraCharts or InvestorRT.
                  A change may be imminent.
                  They all have their quirks.

Comment

Agreed - vaporware is pointless - but it would be nice to see a few of the regularly repeated issues that people have - and some of the practical suggestions being addressed/implemented. Possible a few suggestions could be short listed and a users polled for the ones they would like to see. Only a suggestion/thought !
                    Polling will automatically lead to the lowest common denominator type of selections....the C students (the majority of users) would be in control of polls......better to have a small group of knowledgeable traders sorting suggestions out...

Last edited by Alfred; 09-14-2013, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post alifarahani  
                    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH