Fixed Scaling Possibilities...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed Scaling Possibilities...

Now by left click & hold in the price column one can shrink or expand the vertical scale of a chart. However often one wants some extra space at just the top or bottom of a chart....and still wants as much vertical chart scale as possible to remain.

What if one could left click and hold near the top or bottom (say within the 10 to 15% area at top or bottom of price scale) of the price column to adjust just the top or bottom area separately as one may wish.
    You could still click on the middle area of the price column to adjust both top & bottom at once.

And the little "F" square at the top right corner to restore the vertical scale...I would make this graphically the same size as the adjacent chart trader activation arrow box...just a graphic design preference....

Thanks....
    Last edited by Alfred; 01-09-2013, 03:09 PM. Reason: a spelling error corrected

Hello Alfred,

Thank you for your forum post.

When adjusting the vertical scale of a chart, you can hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard while single left mouse clicking in the price scale and moving the mouse up and down. This will keep the bars the same size but move them up or down along the price scale.

In regards to the "F" box suggestion, I have documented this particular feature request and have sent it to our product development team.

Once I have a tracking ID for this particular feature request, I will let you know.
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Alfred,

I have heard back from development on the suggestion to change the "F" box graphical display to be more in line with the Chart Trader activation arrow box and this suggestion is being tracked with ID# 60.

Comment

Ryan....am aware of the method you mention below...but the way I have suggested ....one could adjust just the top of a chart for some additional space there if desired...and at the same time the bottom of the chart would remain where it was initially (and the reverse of this for adjusting just the bottom area)....

When adjusting the whole chart up or down part of the chart can go off screen....with the new method suggested the whole chart would remain on screen....this would often be desirable...

Thanks again...
        and thanks re the "F" box response....
        Last edited by Alfred; 01-09-2013, 10:05 PM. Reason: the elements of style...

Comment

Hello Alfred,

Thank you for the extra details regarding the feature request.

I will document this feature request and submit to our development department and follow up with you on the tracking ID #.

Comment

Hello Alfred,

Thank you for your suggestion regarding vertical chart navigation.

Our development team has welcomed your feature enhancement request and it will be tracked using ID # 2174.

Comment

Just 2 more comments....

Ryan...sounds good....thanks !!...

Couple of additional comments...in NT 6.5, when one adjusted the vertical scale by dragging...future bars could not possibly run off the top or bottom of the screen as they can in NT 7....hopefully something will be done about that ??

Also...if one may be interested in setting more precise fixed scaling chart values, you might add to be able to set chart top & bottom price levels in Chart Panel Properties...??

Last edited by Alfred; 01-10-2013, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Hello Alfred,

I will submit the additional comments to be considered along with the ID# 2174.

In regards to setting more precise fixed scaling chart values in the chart panel properties, you should already be able to do this by setting the "Range" from "Automatic" to "Fixed" and then define the Maximum and Minimum prices.
                Attached Files

Comment

I would appriciate NT do vertical scrolling automatically - not by me by pressing Ctrl + mouse dragging (these should be optional feature - manual/automatic scrolling), when I have set Fixed range. Or is this feature in any new update ?? In other words - optional feature: not set max and min price, but set price range (ex. 80 ticks) with automated scrolling.
                  Thank you.
                  Last edited by Alexik34; 01-21-2013, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Hello Alexik34,

Thank you for your note and for providing your feedback as we continually strive to improve upon NinjaTrader's features.

Since the type of functionality you are seeking is not presently supported within NinjaTrader, I have documented this particular feature request and have sent it to our product development team.

Once I have a tracking ID for this particular feature request, I will let you know.

Comment

Hello Ryan,
                      OK. Thank you very much
                      Alex

Comment

Brainstorm...!

[QUOTE=
                        What if one could left click and hold near the top or bottom (say within the 10 to 15% area at top or bottom of price scale) of the price column to adjust just the top or bottom area separately as one may wish.
                        You could still click on the middle area of the price column to adjust both top & bottom at once.[/QUOTE]

How about having some dot markers in the right margin to mark the 3 regions where one can left click & hold to adjust the vertical scale.......left click & hold above the top dot would adjust just top portion of chart for example...screen shot below...

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Alfred,

Thank you for the suggestion.

Since the type of functionality you are seeking is not presently supported within NinjaTrader, I have documented this particular suggestion and have sent it to our product development team.

Once I have a tracking ID for this particular suggestion, I will let you know.

Comment

Id # 2174....

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanL View Post
                            Hello Alfred,

Thank you for your suggestion regarding vertical chart navigation.

Our development team has welcomed your feature enhancement request and it will be tracked using ID # 2174.
                            Ryan...I believe there is already a tracking number for this basic idea outlined below...I just wanted to add to this the suggestion of some markers in the price column that would show the 3 different areas for adjusting the vertical scale so it would be easier to click & hold more precisely where you may want to....

Thanks....
                            Last edited by Alfred; 03-12-2013, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                            0 responses
                            1 view
                            0 likes
                            Last Post usazencort  
                            Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                            5 responses
                            0 likes