Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TyJack View Post
    Hi,
    Trialing NT8 now and running into a few problems.

1 - Have set up charts with horizontal lines plotted and have them all set to show on ALL charts of the same instrument. Have saved the setup. When I then open up a new chart later on it is sometimes not plotting these same horizontal lines that are clearly showing on every other chart of the same instrument and these lines are ALL set to plot on ALL charts of that instrument.

2 - Have saved charts as a work space for my core set up so that I can then start trialing 3rd party indicators on it. When I go into save as so I can save a separate copy of the same work-space to then make alterations to it, its ending up saving nothing like what it is meant to save. It ends up just odd random saved charts that have been open previously but are not open at the time of saving as the new work-space.
    If I apply the 3rd party indicators 1st then go to save as and rename the work-space, when I try to open it up again it has lost all the horizontal lines from the core setup it was all built on and sometimes lost some charts altogether.

3 - NT8 is constantly crashing now. Comes up with Ninjatrader has stopped working and needs to close.
    Hello TyJack, I've tested this, but I am unable to reproduce this.

I think it would be best to take a look at your log and trace if you're still experiencing this.

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.
    You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.... Please check the boxes to include you Workspace and UI settings.

Please reference my user name RileyS in the bode of the email.
    Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Jminotti View Post
      Hello,

It would be nice to have a more useful Global Crosshair feature in Ninjatrader. The upgrade in NT8 that Adds "Global (No Time Scroll)" is an improvement. However, for users of Multiple time frames, this only works effectively if what you want to view is already displayed on your lowest time frame. If I start on a 1000 Tick chart and want to review earlier trades entries that were confirmed on my 33t and 100 Tick charts I have to set each chart back to Global crosshair mode or scroll each chart by hand until I get to the time I need to review; this is very slow and time-consuming.

The old Global Crosshair mode is very frustrating. If I'm on an upper time frame chart, and I find a High or low I want to review on a lower time Frame, I have to keep the cursor on the upper time frame chart and can't move it. If my cursor even touches another chart all the lower time frames jump to who knows where.I am an I have to start all over.

The FIX:

Step 1. Enable an option where all the charts can be in "Global (No Time Scroll)" Mode

Step 2. Now, a user can find a spot on an upper time frame chart a few hours or days back, and hold down or Tap the control key (or whatever key is designated) and all charts will zoom to that exact time.

Step 3 Once the Control key is released all charts are at the chosen time - and the charts now revert back to "Global (No Time Scroll)" Mode - at the new location. Now you can freely move the cursor from the upper time frame chart to the lower time frame chart and you will not lose your position.

Basically, a user can choose to set each chart to "Global (No Time Scroll)" Mode. When the control key is hit ALL the charts change to "Global" Mode and zero in on the current cursor location until the control key is released. Esignal currently uses a mouse double click for this function in place of hitting the control key.

Sorry for the long post. However, this would be a very useful feature.
      Jminotti, sledge, and vlc, thank you all for your great feedback!

I will submit this as a Global Cross Hair - Feature suggestion to have a key command assigned to the Global (No Time Scroll) function, so when pressed all charts will move to the designated time (Enabling No Time Scroll), but when the button is released the charts will hold at the current positions.

I will also add two votes to this feature request and update you all with a unique ID.

However, there are key commands that take 2 extra steps to enable and disable the Global (No Time Scroll) function. Selecting the chart and pressing the key command Ctrl + N will enable the Global (No TIme Scroll) feature to the chart, and to disable, you can press Ctrl + G which would enable the Global Cross Hairs. You can also adjust these key commands by navigating to the Control Center -> Tools -> Hot Keys.
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_RileyS; 02-23-2016, 09:22 AM.
      Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post CortexZenUSA  
      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
      0 responses