Quarterly Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quarterly Charts

Please on next version, think of the possibility of Quarterly Charts. Don't answer me that's the same as 3 Month Chart. It is not....

Your 3 Month Chart updates different depending of the datafeed you connect. If you connect to Kinetick (EOD Free) plots from a different Initial date than if I connect from IQFeed or Zen-Fire.

Everytime I update Reload Historical data I have to manually change Custom Initial date in order to plot correctly a Quarterly Chart. One thing is a 3Month chart and a very different one is a Quaterly Chart.

Thx

Marcus

Thanks for submitting this in Marcus, appreciate the feedback.

Would you mind posting screenshots with your settings and which differences you saw?

When working with those datafeeds, one would need to keep in mind that the session for daily data recording would differ, so you would see different content depending on the feed option chosen.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

3 Month Chart

Hi Bertrand,

Everytime you change data feed and Refresh Historical Data on a 3 Month chart with custom begin date (There's no other way to do it). It changes the initial custom date and have to manually change it again.

Happens on other timeframes like monthly and weekly , wich I don't care because, it's not critical. But the 3 Month chart is the one that the outcome is different.

If you want a quarterly chart it's important when it begins.... should be "1-1-yy" or "4-1-yy" or "7-1-yy" or "10-1-yy". It's not the same as a 3 Month chart that starts from Actual Month backwards.

Thx

Comment

I see, thanks for clarifying, so what you would seek here is an anchored start date chart? I will add a vote in on your behalf in our tracking lists in product management, as we run a similar request here already.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Quaterly charts

Hi Bertrand I attach two charts for your comparisson and you'll see what I mean.

The point where it gets tricky is:

If you open a 3 month chart based on bars back Today (31/01/2013) , will it be the month range different than opening it tomorrow 01/02/2013?

Good question, will try tomorrow....

Thx

Marc
          Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke