Adaptive Position Sizing in NT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adaptive Position Sizing in NT?

I'm looking for an affordable way to incorporate adaptive position sizing (APS from now) into NT That's a money management technique where the size of your next trade trade is calculated on current funds available for trading, logical stop loss for this trade, and a preset parameter you specify - the most common is probably maximum % risk per trade. So - account size is X (picked up from your account), Max preset loss is Y% (user input), logical stop loss for this trade is Z pips/points (placed on the chart in Chart Trader), and the platform automatically works out your trade size.

The effect is to automatically increase trade size in line with account size when you're winning and reduce it if you're losing. It effectively, uses the compounding principle to maximise your gains and protect your account through a losing patch.

It would be great if this could be incorporated into the NT Chart Trader window so you could fill in your max risk per trade and have NT calculate your trade size automatically, like I hear some institutional platforms do. I heard that there is a commercial Strategy available that effectively replaces the NT Chart Trader window and adds APS and some other facilities, but a) I can't find it, and b) word is it costs as much as an NT license! I know it's easy to have a little XL sheet to work out position size, but having it just pop up in e.g. the Chart trader window would be much quicker and surer.

Any chance of this being incorporated into NT, and if not in the near future, does anyone know of a commercial product for NT that currently has this facility? As a day trader/scalper I could sure us it.

Thanks, Max
    Last edited by jhmax; 03-21-2013, 04:31 AM.

Hi Max, thanks for input and feedback - do you refer perhaps to this addon here available for NT?

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertrand - yes, that looks like the one, thanks. It appears very good, but at $995 it's out of my reach at the moment. Any chance of havng some of that adaptive position sizing right in the NT Trade Manager? From their video, it appears that because their product is a Strategy, it only appears in the window you set it in, rather than across all time charts for that instrument.

Also, do NT Strategies run from the trade servers, or from the user's computer?

Max

Comment

Hi Max, the strategies would be running locally from the individual PC / workstation.

I've added your vote for such an custom automatic position sizing to our enhancement tracking list (id 1445) for future consideration, unfortunately I could not offer an ETA or commitment.

Thanks,

Comment

Thanks Bertrand!

Comment

NJ Team

this is something I am looking for as well... please add me to the list. I find it interesting that you would send us to a pay for indicator website.

This is something that should be functional within NT. Many strategies depend on account size... I am surprised that this is our solution.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Antonio, I added your vote in as well to this id.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post usazencort  
              Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
              5 responses