Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT's need for data cache to built-in

Hello,

NT platform doesn't cache data on the client's local computer and has to pull the data from brokerage's price server every time. That takes so much time waiting for the charts to be completed. If a computer or whatever crashes, it would take a long time to restart and load NT to resume trading which could be bad for my account.

Will it be possible for your programming team develop cache code in NT to store data?

If you don't plan on that, can you work out with brokerage(s) to ensure the datafeed is prompt and quickly? I know about Kinetick and other services but I mean for brokerages and NT together. Thanks.

My 2 cents,
    -traderjh

Hello traderjh,

Please go to Tools > Options > Data tab, check the box 'Save chart data as historical' and press OK.

By checking this box, this enables the storage of incoming real-time Chart data to your local PC for future historical data requests.
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Loading data time

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
      Hello traderjh,

Please go to Tools > Options > Data tab, check the box 'Save chart data as historical' and press OK.

By checking this box, this enables the storage of incoming real-time Chart data to your local PC for future historical data requests.
      Thank you for your reply.

Will that solve a long waiting time of "Loading data..." issue? Loading time takes hours or even overnight to complete.

Thanks again,
      -traderjh

Comment

Hello traderjh,

Yes, this can improve load times.

Below is a link to the Historical and Real Time Data section of our help guide. Please see the When does NinjaTrader load historical data? subsection.

Also, you may want to review our Performance Tips. Below is a link to this section of our help guide.

Comment

Load time over 24 hours

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
          Hello traderjh,

Yes, this can improve load times.

Below is a link to the Historical and Real Time Data section of our help guide. Please see the When does NinjaTrader load historical data? subsection.

Also, you may want to review our Performance Tips. Below is a link to this section of our help guide.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ance_tips2.htm
          Hello Christopher,

Is it normal for load time to take over 24 hours? I have some charts are loaded but other charts are not completed loaded since 2 days ago. Is it normal?

When "Loading data..." appears in a chart, it slows down my computer. Is it also normal? My computer is trading oriented only with no other applications running.

Thanks,
          -traderjh

Comment

Hello traderjh,

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into this further.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please put 'ATTN: Chris S' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the e-mail:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by proptrade13, Today, 11:06 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
            Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes