Price alert system after 6 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price alert system after 6 years?

I realize you guys get suggestions for this all the time, but the fact that NinjaTrader doesn't have an easy-to-use price alert system in 2013 is getting absurd. People have been asking for this for over 6 years. The first suggestions on the forum are from 2007.

Having to use the Market Analyzer for this is incredibly unintuitive, difficult, and time consuming. And in some circumstances you need more than one Market Analyzer window open, one for each security you want an alert for. I would be embarrassed to have to explain this process to someone interested in trying out the software.

You should be able to right click the window at a price and set an alert. That should be the entire process. If you really want to impress me, be able to set a price alert on drawing objects like lines, rays, or rectangles as well (Eg, an alert goes off when a line is crossed/touched, a rectangle is crossed/touched, etc.). I am not holding my breath for this though.

NinjaTrader is a great piece of software but the absence of this basic feature is simply unacceptable, given the cost. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that we demand this feature as soon as possible. After 6 years there is no longer an excuse. Your competitors are innovating new features all the time but the basic functionality of NinjaTrader hasn't changed much since I started using it. I haven't seen a major new feature in years. The stagnation of this once great platform is making it more and more difficult to justify the cost.

trade3333, thanks for writing this feedback up and sharing with us and also welcome to our support forums. Both your suggestions are in our tracking lists in product management and I've take care to add your votes in here as well so they can be considered as we're continuing to work and refine our next generation plaform. Our CEO has held a few webinars at BigMike's Trading forums offering peeks into how this is shaping up so far and what thought / design processes have been influencing it. If you're interesting in checking them out, here's the link to the last one for example -

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

Your thoughts are very valuabe to us and we thank you again for raising those items here on our forums.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Does this not work for you?

Originally posted by trade3333 View Post
      I realize you guys get suggestions for this all the time, but the fact that NinjaTrader doesn't have an easy-to-use price alert system in 2013 is getting absurd. People have been asking for this for over 6 years. The first suggestions on the forum are from 2007.

Having to use the Market Analyzer for this is incredibly unintuitive, difficult, and time consuming. And in some circumstances you need more than one Market Analyzer window open, one for each security you want an alert for. I would be embarrassed to have to explain this process to someone interested in trying out the software.

You should be able to right click the window at a price and set an alert. That should be the entire process. If you really want to impress me, be able to set a price alert on drawing objects like lines, rays, or rectangles as well (Eg, an alert goes off when a line is crossed/touched, a rectangle is crossed/touched, etc.). I am not holding my breath for this though.

NinjaTrader is a great piece of software but the absence of this basic feature is simply unacceptable, given the cost. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that we demand this feature as soon as possible. After 6 years there is no longer an excuse. Your competitors are innovating new features all the time but the basic functionality of NinjaTrader hasn't changed much since I started using it. I haven't seen a major new feature in years. The stagnation of this once great platform is making it more and more difficult to justify the cost.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post trilliantrader  
      Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Davidtowleii