Set an ATM Strategy to an indicator value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set an ATM Strategy to an indicator value

Please provide capability to set an ATM Strategy to an indicator value. Example, use ATR value, at time of initial position execution, to set profit target or stop loss. I have read the threads and found this being requested over many years. Why is it taking so long to implement???

CactusMo, thanks for the feedback - you are correct this is already on our product enhancement tracking lists and I've made sure to add your vote here in as well so it can considered as we're continuing to work hard on our next major release version. For specific features though at this time we would not be able to provide an ETA or commitment unfortunately, however as soon as that changes we will approach the community.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi there,
      I am having trouble finding any info in the forum relating to this topic - I am wondering if an ATM can be configured so that a trailing stop is set equal to a chart's indicator value (such as a moving average), so that the trailing stop is always set equal to the moving average on the close of each bar. Thank you.

Comment

Currently this option is not available within NinjaTrader 7 however our development team has added the option to attach a Stop Loss to an indicator within charts and the SuperDOM within NinjaTrader 8.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over this feature within NinjaTrader 8:

I have also included a link below where you can download NinjaTrader 8 (Beta):

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Christopher. Can you let me know if there is anything I should be concerned about if I should choose from switching my live trading platform of choice from my current NT7 to the NT8 beta? I am a NT Brokerage account holder and I have lifetime licenses to several 3rd-party indicators (I realize it will be up to me to verify that they work in NT8, but for now I just want to know if I should be able to execute live trades via NT8). Thanks very much.

Comment

Indicators from NinjaTrader 7 cannot be imported to NinjaTrader 8 and you would need to contact the vendor directly to verify if they have software available for use with NinjaTrader 8. We do have users using NinjaTrader 8 (Beta) for live trading however this is still a Beta product therefore there may be bugs when using this version as opposed to NinjaTrader 7 which is the current production release.

Keep in mind you can have both NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 (Beta) installed on the same PC if you would like to do further testing.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know of this update capability.

Comment

Does Ninjatrader8 Beta have Strategy Wizard? If so I can't find it while searching the Control Center.

Comment

This feature is not currently available however is being worked on by our development and will be available at a later date.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post maybeimnotrader  
                  Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes