Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fail for VisionFinancialMarkets after weekly maintenance

Hi,
    I would like to report fail for the Vision Financial Markets connection. In Vision, they process weekly maintenance almost every sunday during which NinjaTrader lost connection. If you run automated strategy, NinjaTrader is unable to fully recover after this maintenance routine, and even if everything seems fine, after market open no new data are comming to the chart where your strategy run. By "everything seems fine" I mean that connection seems to be live (green status), also running strategy seems to be enabled, but nothing works as supposed to and you will miss any other trade that your strategy generates.

So because of this issue, you have to restart NinjaTrader for every new week, otherwise your strategies will not run more than 1 week.

I attach yesterday log so you can check flow of the events.

Can you please look at this issue and check the problem?
    Dalibor
    Attached Files

Hello dalisdj,

Thank you for your note and log and trace.

From your log file, I see that a disconnect happened and then you were reconnected about 2 seconds later.

During this time the strategy __YM_Hybrid_RTH continued to run as normal. After reconnecting this strategy should still be enabled and able to submit orders.

In the following options, what settings are you using?:
    • Tools -> Options -> Strategies -> NinjaScript -> On connection loss

Below is a link to the help guide on the Strategies tab. In the section 'Understanding the NinjaScript tab' there is a section 'On Connection Loss' that explains what happens when your data feed is disconnected.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...tegies_tab.htm
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

Yes, both connection and strategy were successfully reconnected as log says, but for some reason no new tick data were comming to the chart. This is where you can loose your trades, because if there are no data comming, no position should be evaluated. So in this situation NinjaTrader seems to be connected but the connection is not established in actual fact (because connection fail in the background for any unexpected reason). This is not the first time I noted this problem.

For any case, this is my setting for On connection loss:
      Disconnect delay seconds: 10
      Number of restart attempts: 4
      Restart within x minutes: 5
      Handling: KeepRunning

Comment

Hello dalisdj,

Unfortunately the best advice that I can give you is to close NinjaTrader while this connection is down during the weekends.

NinjaTrader is not able to work without an active data connection. Vision is always going to have maintenance on the weekends.

The best action you could do is shut-down NinjaTrader during Vision's periods of maintenance.

Comment

Thank you for making it clear. This seems to be an issue. Just for information, is this going to be fixed in future releases?

Thanks

Comment

Hello dalisdj,

Thank you for your feedback.

I will not be able to say if this will be addressed in a future release of NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
            16 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Leafcutter  
            Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes