Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request - Support Master/Advisor Acct Groups

Hi,

I posted the feature request below over on the Jigsaw Trading support forum, but the ideal answer would be for Ninja to implement a workable concept of Account Groups that map cleanly into the concept supported by the likes of Interactive Brokers.

Regards,
    JD

--------
    Hi,

So the request setup is this - I'm in Australia using Ninja + Jigsaw Trading D&S and have learned to scalp. Happy with NT + Jigsaw D&S for that. Am using Interactive Brokers as broker as it's:
    a) one of the seemingly few USA brokers that will take non-resident alien accounts, and
    b) it also seems to be (as far as I know) reasonably cheap for retail/low-vol commissions
    c) large enough that I'm not worried about it going belly up / the Directors diddling my capital for personal use come the next GFC-style liquidity event
    d) it has a workable concept of Master/Umbrella/Advisor accounts. i.e. Have multiple physically and legally separate brokerage accounts that can be operated collectively for trade management purposes as a single logical account via an umbrella/shell "master" account and associated trade allocation rules/account grouping. ( http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en...ing_shares.htm )

nb: NT also has an oddball concept of Account Grouping that is nothing at all like the IB concept ( http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...unt_groups.htm ). Not sure who NT is targeting with their version, but since they've spec'd, coded, tested and support their version then presumably it makes sense for someone somewhere.

So you can see where this is going... As soon as I become competent enough to be willing to add my pension account, my parents pension account, my sister's account,... to the IB trading mix (beyond the single family trust account that I'm trading through right now) - and they must, by legislation, remain in legally and physically separate brokerage accounts - then I have a problem: NT doesn't support a useable concept of Account Groups and Jigsaw D&S is currently only available via NT.

So the roadmap request (assuming Jigsaw D&S in roadmapped for something beyond NT) is for it to go onto one or more other USA deep discount brokerages / trading platforms that support IB-style Account Groups and that are non-resident alien-friendly.

Regards,
    JD

Thanks JD, those items are on our feedback list for consideration specing our next major platform upgrade, I've made sure to note your vote as well for it.

Thanks for also posting this on our forums and voicing your thoughts how we can further enhance our platform.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DynamicTest  
    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes