Bugs and suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugs and suggestions.

Hi Guys, sorry if any of these are repeats or are problems with a misunderstanding on my part.

Bugs:
    - if a strategy is started in a chart, it shows up in the strategies tab, but if that strategy is stopped (like when the chart is closed), if you restart it in the strategies tab you get a dialog 'you can not start a strategy that is already terminated.'
    - the docs say that you can run the various windows against various accounts (like the sim101 account and a TD Ameritrade account) but that doesn't appear to work at the moment. You can't connect to more than one provider at a time.

Suggestions:
    - in the tabs like 'orders', 'executions', etc. I can't find a way to clear the current history
    - if you start a strategy in the strategies tab, then open a strategy performance window, that window doesn't update in real time as the strategy progresses
    - there is no way to view a chart from a running strategy if it was started in the strategies tab
    - when running a backtest on a group of stocks, you get the results for each instrument separately but there is no way to see the combined result in the summary area - this might not be a problem in practice if I code up my strategies to be multiinstrument (but then I won't be able to see individual performance which is important too)

Thanks.

Bug1: This is not a bug. The strategy is terminated when you closed the chart and because that strategy was loaded from the chart you cannot restart it unless you open a new chart and load the strategy onto the chart again. If you simply removed the strategy you can just readd it like you would indicators.

Bug2: You can connect to as many providers as you want. Please make sure you turn off Global Simulation Mode also. (File->Global Simulation Mode)

Suggestion1: If you are viewing your Sim101 account you can reset the account through Tools->Options->Simulator tab->Reset Account

Suggestion2: Thank you for the suggestion

Suggestion3: Thank you for the suggestion.

Suggestion4: Already on our list for future enhancements.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_JoshP; 03-02-2008, 12:38 PM.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply.

On Bug1, ok if that's expected behavior that's fine but then it would be great if the strategy would turn red or something to indicate that it's terminated and can't be started again.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes