Deactivating order qty box in order to avoid changing the qty by mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deactivating order qty box in order to avoid changing the qty by mistake

In the DOM, when changing order qantity, the order qty box is "active" even after clicking on the price ladder. So when clicking on the price ladder and scrolling for up/down, the order quantity is changed. I now always click the "Day button" (TIF) to unactivate the order qty box, right after changing the order quantity.

It would be great if the order qty box was deactivated when clicking on the price ladder. It's otherwise easy to by mistake change the order quantity.

Hello Granville,

Thank you for your forum post and for providing your feedback as we continually strive to improve upon NinjaTrader's features.

As long as your are single left mouse clicking on another area of the SuperDOM, this should take the focus away from the Order qty field.

For example after changing the Order qty, single left mouse click on the price column in the middle and scroll up or down on your scroll wheel, it should move the price column up/down as opposed to modifying your Order qty.

I will submit a suggestion to our development department to add more functionality to the input fields when they are gaining or losing focus.
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ryan, sorry, but left clicking on the price column doesn't change focus from the order qty field. The only ways I've found so far that changes the focus from the qty field instantly are:

- wait for ask-and-bid price to change
      - clicking on the PnL field
      - clicking on the TIF field (Day)

What doesn't work, but would be great if it did, is clicking Anywhere outside the qty field. I hope there's a fix to this.

For instance, if I decide to take a trade in a hurry but want to change it from 1 to 3 contracts, there's a risk that I unvolontarily change it to e.g. 8 contracts by trying to scroll the price column. Unvolontarily changing order qty happened twice so far in live trading....

Comment

Hello Granville,

Thank you for the follow up.

I am not able to reproduce this situation on my end. Do you have any 3rd party mouse software installed on your PC?

I am available to schedule a remote support session with you to take a closer look on your end.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Ryan L." in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
        1.) A link to this forum thread.
        2.) A good contact number and time when I can reach you (Please include time zone)
        Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
        8 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Nyman
        by Nyman

Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
        16 responses