Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Recalculate and Sync features

Hi Ninjas,

I posted a thread where I tried to get help from NT team support to solve an issue, it's simple. Whenever a technical interruptions of data comes, any Algo in NT can handle in several ways. In my case my broker is IB, which everyday around 0:00 +/- 14 mins, proceed to resetting its servers, this interruption of data take a little time, between 1 and 2 minutes to complete en re-connect.

For these cases of short several interruptions, In this case is good enough to set more delay seconds, but what if interruptions are longer than this?

I had set in NT options, Re-Calculate, with submit orders inmediate and Synced Accounts..etc; in order to have my Algo working actualized and re-synced, looking for not to be affected by this issue, which I consider possible and probable in a daily basis.
    The problem was that when this happened, the Algo recovered, Recalculate, checked orders..BUT the Accounts, despite had the same position were never any longer Re-synced, which I consider tremendously inconvenient and dangerous. In my case living in Europe, means that I have to wake up before 6:00 am ( Spain time ) to be prepared to disconnet and reconnect my Algo manually, which it shouldn't be like this way.

The issue was posted by me in the following thread:

I ask you kindly to consider check those features that are allegedly to have Algos and Accounts working synced and well in a next upgrade.

Best Regards,
    Pier Strusi
    Last edited by pstrusi; 09-10-2013, 10:31 AM.

Hello Pier,

Thank you for your post.

I believe your notes have been taken in by development already but I will forward note to them as well.

Comment

Hello Pier,

Thank you for your patience.

An additional thread such as this is not necessary as you have already brought this to our attention in the thread you referenced. This will prevent conflicts in information as we will have one reference point rather than multiple for the same item.

Comment

Hello Patrick,

I'm just wondering if this issue actually has been addressed, please let me know if so, it's very important.

Thanks

Comment

Pstrusi,

As Patrick mentioned, this has been on Developments notes and are looking into the matter for NinjaTrader 8.
          Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Cal, thanks for the note, since it has happened a complete year I was wondering about it.

Looking forward for NT 8 :-)

Comment

Looking forward for NT 8 :-)
              Aren't we all ?!?!?!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post RookieTrader