Renko Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renko Bars

Would Like to see Renko Bars as a Choice under Data Series > Chart Style (as a candle type choice - would need brick size in this area as well) and then in the Data Series > Period - have the option to set for Minutes, Volume, or Ticks

Renko Bars plotted using different tick periods make very different charts for use in strategy alerts

Hello,

Thank you for your post and suggestions.

I will forward them to our development team who will add it as a Feature Request and provide it with a tracking ID #
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by MoreAces View Post
      Would Like to see Renko Bars as a Choice under Data Series > Chart Style (as a candle type choice - would need brick size in this area as well) and then in the Data Series > Period - have the option to set for Minutes, Volume, or Ticks

Renko Bars plotted using different tick periods make very different charts for use in strategy alerts
      You are looking in the wrong place. Renko is a bar type. Look there, still in the DataSeries PropertyGrid.

Comment

Sorry but I know exactly where I am looking and I would like to see it set up as I described. I am currently using the renko bars that are available, but they are updated by default of every tick. I would like to plot the renko brick but not plotting until a completion of X number of ticks. This is done on several other platforms (i.e. multicharts etc)

Comment

Originally posted by MoreAces View Post
          Sorry but I know exactly where I am looking and I would like to see it set up as I described. I am currently using the renko bars that are available, but they are updated by default of every tick. I would like to plot the renko brick but not plotting until a completion of X number of ticks. This is done on several other platforms (i.e. multicharts etc)
          All the current ChartStyles are also updated on every tick, so merely moving it from a BarType to a ChartStyle would hardly stop it from updating on every tick.

It seems you would need to write an indicator to update only on delta, albeit that is what the P&F type does seem to be doing right now. Then again P&F is a type not a style in the PropertyGrid.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by trilliantrader, Today, 08:16 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post trilliantrader  
          Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
          9 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH