Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay Documentation?

Hello:

-Still a Ninja newbie in many ways, I've been experimenting with Market Replay. After looking in various Ninja "Help" locations however I still haven't found any detailed descriptions of how to use. Am I missing some documentation somewhere? I have a number of questions such as:
    1) Why when replaying today's data do all of my open charts say 10/18/2013 whereas the Control Center says 10-8-13?
    2) Is there any way not to have trade details text (e.g. "Buy 1 @ 3320.25", "Sell 1 @ ...") printed to the charts?

Thank you for your inputs.

Originally posted by tradenj View Post
    Hello:

-Still a Ninja newbie in many ways, I've been experimenting with Market Replay. After looking in various Ninja "Help" locations however I still haven't found any detailed descriptions of how to use. Am I missing some documentation somewhere? I have a number of questions such as:
    1) Why when replaying today's data do all of my open charts say 10/18/2013 whereas the Control Center says 10-8-13?
    2) Is there any way not to have trade details text (e.g. "Buy 1 @ 3320.25", "Sell 1 @ ...") printed to the charts?

Control Center contains the name of your saved workspace. Mine says "Control Center - daily-2013-09-15-ES12-13"

Yours is probably "Control Center - untitled 10-8-13" ???, which is probably when you last saved your workspace.

Right click in your chart , choose "DataSeries", and at the bottom, change "PlotExecutions" to something you like.

Comment

Originally posted by tradenj View Post
      Hello:

Hi tradenj

Saw this post and thought I'd include some notes I'd previously written for our own traders on the Market Replay functionality. Sledge has answered your specific questions but just thought I'd include these "cheat sheet" notes I'd previously written, as it covers downloading, recording your own replay data and replaying the data...

Please Note:
      It is not possible to convert existing history data into Market Replay data, therefore you must either download or record your own to use in the Market Replay engine.

To download Market Replay data:
      1) Turn the "Market Replay Recorder" off and ensure you disconnect from any open connections.
      2) Select “Download Replay Data” from the File/Utilities menu.
      If you are using NinjaTrader 7 you can use the free Market Replay Download service.
      The data available depends on the instrument you are using & the more "popular" Futures and FOREX instruments have a good quantity of Market Replay Data available.

To record your own replay data:
      1) Enable the “Market Replay Recorder” via Tools / Options / “Data” tab - must have “Record for market replay” turned on (ticked).
      2) Enter the instruments you wish to record in the “Market Analyzer” and ensure this is open any time you wish to record market data. You don't have to use Market Analyzer, however if you wish to record many instruments it's a great way without having to have all the charts open.

Replaying the data:
      1) Ensure you disconnect from any other connections and then select Market Replay Connection from the File/Connect menu
      2) Once connected, the “market replay control” will appear and all windows that are currently open will load with replay data (the “market replay control” is setup a bit like a DVD player with play/pause/speed control etc buttons).

You can also use all indicators & Chart Trader functionality to enter and exit trades as the data is being played back.
      Note: if you end up having many trade entries/exits plotted on your chart, these can be turned off by selecting “DoNotPlot” for the “Plot Executions” field within the Data Series properties.

Cheers
      Stuart

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
      10 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post traderqz  
      Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
      5 responses