Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OnKeyUp Event, WM_KEYUP, WM_SYSKEYUP

Hi:

Ok, I just spent 2 hours that I can never get back (lol) trying every single trick I know to get a KeyUp notification from a ChartPanel.

Everything I tried to get KeyDown worked.... You've also exposed the PreviewKeyDown Event which makes it a no brainer.

My problem is... what's a KeyDown without a KeyUp? I mean, it's like what's peanut butter without jelly? What a beer without pretzels?

It looks to me like your implementation of the popup Instrument window may be the culprit. But I even installed a low level global keyboard hook, and you were eating Keyups. Since I've got no clean way to get my hook in before yours (I'm assuming that's what's going on here), I can't get at those KeyUps.

The irony of it all is that I'm just looking for keydowns and ups on the Shift, Ctrl, and Alt keys... At the very least, those should be passed through in a neighborly way to the next hook in the chain rather than being consumed or tossed aside.

I only want NinjaTrader and my strategy to be the best they can be. So I offer this as something that should be looked into.

Originally posted by BigWaveDave View Post
    What a beer without pretzels?
    A beer?

Comment

Originally posted by BigWaveDave View Post
      Hi:

Ok, I just spent 2 hours that I can never get back (lol) trying every single trick I know to get a KeyUp notification from a ChartPanel.

Everything I tried to get KeyDown worked.... You've also exposed the PreviewKeyDown Event which makes it a no brainer.

My problem is... what's a KeyDown without a KeyUp? I mean, it's like what's peanut butter without jelly? What a beer without pretzels?

It looks to me like your implementation of the popup Instrument window may be the culprit. But I even installed a low level global keyboard hook, and you were eating Keyups. Since I've got no clean way to get my hook in before yours (I'm assuming that's what's going on here), I can't get at those KeyUps.

The irony of it all is that I'm just looking for keydowns and ups on the Shift, Ctrl, and Alt keys... At the very least, those should be passed through in a neighborly way to the next hook in the chain rather than being consumed or tossed aside.

I only want NinjaTrader and my strategy to be the best they can be. So I offer this as something that should be looked into.
      Does this help?

Comment

Sledge, point very well taken on the beer comment. I'm sorry, I was a little bit frustrated and not entirely in my right mind.

Nonetheless, I appreciate the link and as I stated KeyDown works like a charm.

KeyUp... no so much.

Comment

Ok, now I'm going to call myself a liar.

I did just get KeyUp working with the method described in the link.

Thanks very much for that, and my apologies to the entire NT staff for this waste of time.

Comment

Thanks for the update BigWaveDave, we are glad to hear you could make it work with sledge's kind pointer.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post LawrenHom  
            Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes