Dynamic Strategy Builder through ATI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imported post

Thanks for your timely and thorough response. It's exciting to learn about all of the great features coming online although I would personallyhave to ditch mypreferred trading platform and development language to obtain the functionalityI desire throughNinja. I suspectmany system developerswho have significant experienceandworking projectsonother platforms may feel this is toohigh a price despitethe compelling functionality. While I have a decision to make, the benefits of atightly integratedcharting, order execution,position management,and analytic capabilities not to mention an intuitive tradinginterface are not lost on me.I commend you for your vision and hard work to make it happen.

Obviously, it is my hope that the open access spirit will live on and that the ATI will evolve to enablestrategies to be customizedfornon-Scriptusers (whether it be bypreference orfunctional requirement)and therefore, not require a platformswitchto take advantage of the best functionality. Guess I just want my cake and eat it too. Iinvite other users/developers to make their thoughts known.

Regards,

Whitmark

whitmark
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Whitmark Development

Comment

imported post

Your comments make sense and is expected. It would be foolish of us to expect people to drop the investment they have made in their primary system development tool. NeoTicker is a wonderful tool and back when I was a full time trader thatwas my primary platform. There are some features in NeoTicker that were driven bymy many requests to them. I can't say enough good things about them.

It would also be foolish to expect our initial entry to the system development space to hit the bulls eye on day one. Those who adopt and work with us on our capabilities will have be a position to help shape and mold the direction this product takes as we solicit feed back from early adopters.

I am very excited about it's prospects and will personally be working with users to implement their systems so I gain first hand knowledge where we may be strong and weak.

Thanks always for your input to this forum.

Ray
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Hi Ray,

I appreciate your reply to whitmark. I also just want to strongly second whitmark's point.

It will be very disappointing to traders using other platforms with Ninja Trader (in my case NeoTicker) if the new capabilities provided to all those who use only Ninja Trader aren't at the same time provided to those of us who use other platforms. That's the bar for determining whether Ninja Trader is open or not and the determining factor in whether we have made the right choice of execution platform.

As for the statement:

Those who adopt and work with us on our capabilities will have be a position to help shape and mold the direction this product takes as we solicit feed back from early adopters.
        whitmark and I were "early adopters" of the Ninja Trader ATI and there are several capabilities that we've asked for related to the ATI that haven't been satisfied particularly related to integrated mechanical system and discretionary trading.

In my case, I've been asking for an ATI function that will return ALL the orders within Ninja Trader and not just those placed by the ATI. whitmark has been asking for ATI access to the methods driving Ninja Trader Strategies.

I want to use Ninja Trader and, as you know, I've been pushing on clients I have to use it. And it's great that you're going to be working with users who will use these new capabilities in Ninja Trader.

but whitmark and I have been telling you for months now what we need for integrated discretionary and mechanical system trading... with so far no cigar.

If the functions mentioned above aren't provided to Ninja Trader ATI users or you assure us that, at least, they are coming in the near future, how are we but to conclude that the commitment to having an "open" Ninja Trader platform really isn't there?

Looking forward to a long future relationship with Ninja Trader.

Comment

imported post

Hi AspTrader,

Your comments are always appreciated and welcomed.

I hear and understand what both you and Whitmark are saying. What I can guarantee is that as NinjaTraderevolves we will and have always based our development direction and priorities based on user and partner input. You are developer yourself and I know you understand the challenge of prioritizing requests against available resources, feasability and economics.

Your suggestions are on our listof features for future consideration.

Ray

Comment

imported post

Hi Ray,

Thanks for all of your hard work on Ninja. It is a phenominal software. I have been working diligently to develop a hybrid system where I can initiate a trade and let my system on NeoTicker take over management of the position. Based on your posts below, it seems you are very interested in user feedback. I would greatly appreciate being able to use Ninja to initiate discretionary trades that are then managed by my system indicators on Neoticker. Thank you for requesting user feedback and being so willing to adjust your timelines to suit our needs.

I am a happy customer of Ninja for over two years now. I am betting that your vision will continue to give me an edge as a trader.

-tazman

Comment

imported post

Okay, so if there is no readily available solution for placing customized strategiesthrough theATI, but what about the approach whereby a generic Ninja strategy is submitted via the ATI with OCO stops, targets,etcbut thenthe orders are subsequently modified?Is it possible to obtain and modify (or cancel and replace) these OCO orders such that the OCO links will remain intact? Can the OCO orders be modified before or after the entry order has been filled? If this is possible, a simple outline of steps to be taken would be very helpful. Thanks!

Regards,

Whitmark

whitmark

Comment

imported post

Whitmark,

Not sure I exactly follow but will attempt to provide some information.

A strategies stop/target can be modified provided that they exists. They can't be modifiedwhen an entry order is pending but can be if part filled since NT willl have submitted stop/targets for the part filled amount.

You can directly ammend these stops and targets by passing in "STOP1" or "TARGET1" in place of an order id value. You would of course need to provide the correct strategy id reference. Modifying "TARGET1" has not adverse affects on the OCO coupling to "STOP1".

Ray

Comment

imported post

Thanks Ray, that just might do the trick! Let me give that a try. Thanks for the quick reply.
                  whitmark

Comment

imported post

Hi Ray,

To clarify, if I want toPLACE an entry order with a Ninja Strategy, can I:

1) provide aSTOP PRICE in the command to amendSTOP1 as designated in the strategy or

2) only amendSTOP1 with a CHANGE command after the PLACE'd entry orderis filled?

Irecall the LIMIT PRICE is reserved for the entry limit price in the PLACE command. Thanks.

Regards,

Whitmark

whitmark

Comment

imported post

Whitmark,

Option 2.

Ray

Comment

imported post

Thanks Ray,the results of mytesting earlier in the dayare consistent with your answer.
                        whitmark

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post FrazMann  
                        Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
                        8 responses