Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Suggestion: NT / Mirus / Zen, how about a proper apology for the debacle that is R18?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by easytrader View Post
    So, Ray.. is it the case that even if we switch over our datafeed to Kinetick, we still have to deal with the Zenfire API as it remains the order routing and order execution back-end API? If that is the case, then continued problems with Zenfire might necessitate moving to a broker that supports CQG, if I can safely assume that CQG is both datafeed and back-end API to NinjaTrader, at brokers who support it. Do you know if that is the case?
    If you switch over to Kinetick as your primary source of data then order routing will still use Zen-Fire API. However, the major problem right now is the stability of the connection. I can see already that stability has improved today over yesterday and early this past week. That is independent of the Zen-Fire API.

With respect to CQG, I am not sure I follow your question 100% but I can say that NinjaTrader has integrated a CQG API and the connection provides both market data and trade routing services to NinjaTrader.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      However, the major problem right now is the stability of the connection. I can see already that stability has improved today over yesterday and early this past week. That is independent of the Zen-Fire API.

@NinjaTrader_Ray,

Ray, can you explain the root cause of the problem and what causes the stability problem?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
        @NinjaTrader_Ray,

Ray, can you explain the root cause of the problem and what causes the stability problem?

Thanks.
        I do not have a full and accurate picture from Zen-Fire at the time of this post.

Comment

If the API's are data feed specific are they also broker specific? If I change brokers but continue with the same data feed, will I need a new API? Or is it the same API but it is just re-branded to the new broker.
          Last edited by glennts; 01-03-2014, 04:53 PM.

Comment

An API is transparent to our users in that their experience of establishing a connection to a broker or market data vendor is the same within our software. There is nothing our users need to do when switching brokers or market data vendors other than configuring the appropriate connection using your account's logon credentials.

Comment

As I am understand your comments...NT connects me to the Zen-Fire or CQG data flow / order entry pipe and the login credentials are used by ZF / CQG to authenticate me and show my broker association for the orders I place. So with a new broker I just enter the new broker provided login and I'm good to go as long as the order execution data provider remains the same. It is not necessary to notify NT that brokers have changed as your only concern is that I have the appropriate data provider API
              Last edited by glennts; 01-03-2014, 05:50 PM.

Comment

R18 should of NEVER been released without testing, I repeat NEVER should of been released, yes I am pointing the finger at NT,

There is a big lack of communication with Mirus/ZenFire/NT, all of you need to work this out. Its as simple as that.

I feel bad for traders who trade longer time frames, coming from an intraday traders, here I sit twiddling my thumbs
                Last edited by midoriek4; 01-07-2014, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by midoriek4 View Post
                  R18 should of NEVER been released without testing, I repeat NEVER should of been released, yes I am pointing the finger at NT,

There is a big lack of communication with Mirus/ZenFire/NT, all of you need to work this out. Its as simple as that.

I feel bad for traders who trade longer time frames, coming from an intraday traders, here I sit twiddling my thumbs

Please allow us to clarify. NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.18 is not the issue and is working pefectly fine. The issue with the 3rd party Zen-Fire technology which has been experiencing service issues since some software component upgrades on the server side. NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.18 was only released to match the upgrades on the server side, however ZenFire is expericing issues on all of their supported platforms, not just NinjaTrader.
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_Matthew; 01-07-2014, 09:19 AM.
                  MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

If there was no R18 there would be no ZenFire. Same result.

Comment

My understanding is that Zenfire gave very little notice to the charting platforms (all charting software) of the pending change. Charting software developers then scramble like mad to meet the fast deadline. OK fine, most did.

However, Zenfire did not create a solid datafeed stream thereby screwing over all traders using any charting software with a Zenfire feed..

This is a Zenfire issue. Period. You may want to stop busting on the NT folks for this.

At least that is my understanding. And why it will be a long time before I consider Zenfire as a datafeed.

And for the record, my AMP/CQG/NT has been flawless since the Zenfire debacle began.
                      Last edited by TAJTrades; 01-07-2014, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Can you connect to ZenFire with the older version prior to R18?

Comment

Can you connect to ZenFire with the older version prior to R18?
                          As of December, 31st, 2013, all market data and order routing traffic for ZenFire will be completely rolled over to the new ZenFire technology and will only be available in NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.18. Rolling back to a previous version of NinjaTrader will not resolve the issues that ZenFire is experiencing, as the ZenFire API in prior releases will be deprecated as of December 31st.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. And I take back all I said about NT

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                            47 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post aligator  
                            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post jaybedreamin