Collapse

Connection and Offerings and Reliability Realities of NinjaTrader Brokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on experience with Mirus, I am not confident that they will fix their bugs even during this month. So, I decided end of last year to upgrade my licence to Multibroker so that I can switch datafeed/broker instantly in case any problem arise. To have a third technology in the equation is also in the horizon.

One requisite for me is that also includes EUREX, so I can't count on Optimus Trading Group nor its brand tradersplatform.

I am in contact DeepDiscountTrading to do a tryout for next two weeks. Their data feed is based on Traders Technology - TT and also offer EUREX.

Commisions are the lowest I have seen. Online supporty has been excelent, providing answer to emails even in minutes.

I will keep you posted of my tryout.

Comment

Originally posted by pepepaco View Post
      I am in contact DeepDiscountTrading to do a tryout for next two weeks. Their data feed is based on Traders Technology - TT and also offer EUREX.

Commisions are the lowest I have seen. Online supporty has been excelent, providing answer to emails even in minutes.

I will keep you posted of my tryout.
      Thanks for this, pepepaco, please keep us posted. Their site looks like it was designed in 1984 and I've never heard of them before, but what do I know...
      I also trade the Dax but the margin at DeepDiscountTrading seems quite high at 3835 Euros (AMP is at 3500 USD)

Comment

Ok... spent the afternoon searching around exploring alternatives and it's depressing. Googled: NinjaTrader and Rithmic and got hits on brokers that offer this combination. Names like OptimusFutures, TradersPlatform, TicktoTrade, CommodtyBroker, ExpressFutures, VisionFinancialMarkets. Start digging around at the NFA a you find that these entities are all related, some share the same address and they all clear with Vision..

It's all about choices right. Many of these names are a part of or related to the OptimusGroup which is in turn connected thru individuals to Vision.

Nothing wrong with making a buck but I prefer to do business with an organization whose business model doesn't include misdirection and sleight of hand.

And so it seems that just as AMP has a lock on the NT/CQG API, Vision has a lock on the NT/Rithmic API.

It's nice to have so many options.
        Last edited by glennts; 01-09-2014, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Does anybody know if AMP charges any monthly fee for EUREX data?

I am checking in their page and on one side data feed is free, but on the other side there is an Exchange fee for nonpro of 23EUR.

AMP Futures offers Ultra-Cheap Commissions! We will MATCH or BEAT any written commission quote by another broker or we give you *20 Commission-Free Trades!

Thanks

Comment

Zaner offers NinjaTrader powered by Rithmic's low latency infrastructure. We facilitate trade routing, market data and risk management through Rithmic's highly redundant and reliable infrastructure. Traders receive access to real-time level 1 and level 2 market data and can take advantage of direct market access to all major U.S. markets.
            • Real-time and Historical Data included
            • Unfiltered Data
            • No Monthly Inactivity Fees
            • No Monthly Volume Requirements
            • Milisecond Execution
            • Trade from Charts
            • Trade from DOM
            • Trailing Targets

Direct to Adam Packard's desk: 800.843-6187
            Tell him Keith H sent you.

Comment

I got confirmation that AMP & Global futures charges 23EUR/month for CQG-EUREX datafeed, So, I eliminated this option from my list.

Since EUREX was available in TT datafeed, I did tryout with DeepDiscountTrading and I found extrange messages in my log file, probably related to the demo version of TT. I asked support to NT and I am waiting for their feedback. There are a lot of threads in favour of TT feed to be faster than any other, but you can also find the opposite version. After looking around, I think all datafeeds fill the bottle from same river.

TT feed is a bit special. It runs only on NT32bit version and it is only recommended for Day Traders because the Feed resets itself by the end of each Electronic Trade Session (meaning any of your open positions will not be visible on your platform screen for the next trade session). So if you decide to carry any open positions into the next trade session, then you will need to maintain a manual record. Also OCO orders are not available on server side.

DeepDiscountTrading is a discount branch of CrosslandLLC. So FCM is Crossland.

According to latest Ninjatrader advisory, Rithmic will also be available for Crossland, so I have asked if DeepDiscountTrading will count on it in near future.

Segregated funds are in Firth Third Bank and there is possibility to wire funds in Europe to Citibank UK.

Regarding, customer service, AMP, Global futures, and most of the other IBs I have been in contact, most of them answer to your mails in several days. (I prefer not to mention Mirus).

However sales contact at DeepDiscountTrading is always eager to help you at any time even on weekends. Your mails get answered even in minutes.

Web page www.deepdiscounttrading.com seems a bit retro, but there you can find all important information you may need.

Based on above I have taken decision to open account with them.

Comment

I got feedback from DeepDiscountTrading that they are in process to offer NT/Rithmic combination.

It will have a rate of 0.3USD/trade so 0.6USD per RT.

Rithmic has ability to roll positions to next electronic trade session.

It will have access to US Exchanges & ICE US, but not EUREX, ICE Europe, LIFFE US and LIFFE Europe.

It will be possible to switch from TT to Rithmic or viceversa at any time. There is a fee of 25USD switch fee if prior switch is done 30 days before. This is to avoid continuous changes of setup. https://www.deepdiscounttrading.com/...Platforms.html

Comment

This is in regard to AMP commissions for various feeds and platforms. I just went to the AMP site to check on commissions using CQG vs.Rithmic. They had them posted on a page last week, and you could see what they'd be by selecting your account funding and trading platform and feed. But now it's gone and has been replaced by this. http://www.ampclearing.com/commissions.html
                  Anyone else notice this?

Comment

Originally posted by bce111 View Post
                    This is in regard to AMP commissions for various feeds and platforms. I just went to the AMP site to check on commissions using CQG vs.Rithmic. They had them posted on a page last week, and you could see what they'd be by selecting your account funding and trading platform and feed. But now it's gone and has been replaced by this. http://www.ampclearing.com/commissions.html
                    Anyone else notice this?
                    I had never noticed the calculator URL linked on their main pages.

In fact I made a post about this exact point on BMT the other day.

But just checked - the calculator is still at this URL:

AMP Futures offers Ultra-Cheap Commissions! We will MATCH or BEAT any written commission quote by another broker or we give you *20 Commission-Free Trades!

Comment

Originally posted by steve2222 View Post
                      I had never noticed the calculator URL linked on their main pages.

In fact I made a post about this exact point on BMT the other day.

But just checked - the calculator is still at this URL:

http://www.ampfutures.com/Cost_Calc.html
                      That's what I was looking for. Thanks, Steve. Where do you get to the link from the homepage?

Comment

Originally posted by pepepaco View Post
                        I got confirmation that AMP & Global futures charges 23EUR/month for CQG-EUREX datafeed, So, I eliminated this option from my list.
                        Does AMP/Rithmic include EUREX and if yes, does AMP charge the same fees as with CQG?

By the way: I received an email form Mirus today: They will provide Continuum without the requirement of Kinetick.
                        Last edited by Munster; 01-14-2014, 04:19 AM.

Comment

I am one of the many mirus customers who have to make a change now after the zenfire problem.

Like others here I have to look for three NT compatible combinations of broker and data now to get sure that I have everytime at least one functional market acess in the future.

- I will stay with one account at mirus and have opened a new one at dorman over their special linking for this one week ago - combination mirus/dorman/continuum. Unfortunetely after opening online I just did not hear anything further until now how to fund an get connectivity. No answer from this side after asking therefore in mail 3 days ago. I hope it will get better with mirus the next months.

- The second acess is opened at AMP now and already funded.
                          Here I am not sure which datastream I should choose. TTnet or CQG.
                          In this thread CQG is the main theme. As a really not very experienced retailer I do not know the important differences and which would be the better one for me.
                          If I understood correctly, TTnet will cost me 10 Cent per RT, right?
                          What for are the costs?

Comment

Hi,

If you plan on using Mirus/Continuum, I'd recommend using either TT or Rithmic if it is available from AMP. You would not be able to connect to both your AMP/CQG account and Mirus/Continuum account at the same time.

The 10 cent RT is for use of the Static SuperDOM. Information on those fees and why they're required can be found below:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

You would not be able to connect to both your AMP/CQG account and Mirus/Continuum account at the same time.
                              Thanks for this not unimportant detail!
                              Such informations help me a lot.

As I realized now it would cost 23 € p.m. to get an Eurex market access with CQG.
                              Is that right?

My plan is to have three alternative broker/clearer/data-combinations over NT.
                              At least two of this three should include an Eurex access because I trade very often FDAX and Co. (If all three includes Eurex the best case)
                              As possible I look for this possibilities in low-cost-areas.

Connetcted over mirus/RCG/Zenfire all data and market access did not cost anything.
                              Would it be possible to get three alternatives with the same circumstances?

(mirus/dorman/continuum I still hope will be one of them - they answered to me this night that the new account will be available in the end of this month ... ok - so hope is going on that this could happen and regenerate as a reliable one.)

There seem to be good alternatives like velocity and so on - which does not offer Eurex.

AMP over cqg seems to offer, but
                              - Eurex will cost roundabout 350 extra dollars p.y. I think
                              - the two connectivities (continuum & CQG will not work in the same time over NT as you said .
                              (having an third alternative acess which works at the same time, this detail perhaps would not matter intensively in my case - important is to have alternatives if one connectivity completely brokes down like Zenfire this year.)

AMP over TTnet
                              - seems like not giving me historical data. This would not be real alternative if the first stream with historical data brokes down.

AMP over Rithmic
                              - Do I have Eurex acess without extra costs?
                              - Do I have historical data here?

Which other NT partners would be right in my focus?

After all in best case:
                              Three combinations completely independent from each other.
                              Possible to work at the same time over NT.
                              All including Eurex acess - without extra costs if possible.
                              All streams with historical data if possible.

(Sorry for so many questions - but as a small retailer it is difficult to get to the right informations sometimes)

Comment

Originally posted by dodo367 View Post

As I realized now it would cost 23 € p.m. to get an Eurex market access with CQG.
                                Is that right?
                                You would need to speak with your broker to know the cost associated with the feed

Connetcted over mirus/RCG/Zenfire all data and market access did not cost anything.
                                Would it be possible to get three alternatives with the same circumstances?
                                Market data costs can be deducted from your account either through an up-front monthly fee, or sometimes the cost is in your commissions. The broker you choose would be able to clarify the costs involved.

AMP over Rithmic
                                - Do I have Eurex acess without extra costs?
                                - Do I have historical data here?
                                - As far as I know, Eurex would be an additional fee through AMP when using the CQG technology
                                - Historical data is available from the CQG and Rithmic connection. It is not included with Trading Technologies

Which other NT partners would be right in my focus?

We cannot make any recommendations for you. You would need to speak to the options you are considering and make your decisions
                                Last edited by NinjaTrader_Matthew; 01-23-2014, 09:01 AM.
                                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                                47 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post aligator  
                                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes