Suggestion to Mirus in Regard to Rebuilding Trust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion to Mirus in Regard to Rebuilding Trust

We've all experienced directly, and also discussed at length, the realities of the Zen-Fire massive problems which caused us to miss a week so far of trading and counting. And we've experience the poor level of communication from both Mirus and Zen-Fire.

Quoting the Mirus CEO, "Dear Traders,

I want to take this opportunity to personally apologize for the service interruption you have experienced this week.

Your trust in our services is paramount and, to be blunt, we have fallen short in meeting your expectations along with the expectations we hold internally."

and "ZenFire has been working diligently to reestablish stable connectivity for all NinjaTrader users, and we are acutely aware of the critical impact these interruptions have on our traders. Many of those we have spoken with have been extremely understanding of these technical issues, however we also understand your disappointment in the service disruption which is fully warranted." The "extremely understanding" part seems fictional to be quite frank.

And finally, "Thank you again for your continued patience and we apologize for this disruption in your service. We look forward to reestablishing your trust.

Sincerely,

Eliot Wickersheimer
    CEO, Mirus Futures"

If this was my brokerage, and I was managing it, what I would do for openers to begin to reestablish trust is to offer every Mirus client who logged into NinjaTrader during this severe disruption 25 commission free round trip trades. That would show our customers that we do realize what a severe disruption this has been and that we are sincere in our wish to reestablish their trust in us. Mere words of a desire to reestablish trust mean little. Who will reimburse us for the personal damage this has caused us?

I mentioned to the Computer Information Systems group I'm involved with on Facebook in discussing this that perhaps the IT people responsible for creating this disruption should be docked a days pay for each day we were also going without pay by not being able to trade. This is of course at one week and counting. I asked how they would react if we locked them out of their office, unable to work, and thus not be paid for the week. How would that work for them?

As mentioned before I liked Mirus until this episode and referred a lot of traders to them. If they did take action to truly offer some sort of compensation for our losses, and are able to establish a strong, reliable Zen-Fire connection, that would begin to reestablish my trust in them.
    Last edited by bce111; 01-05-2014, 02:14 PM.

And one other factor here is I think the current disruption realities were a known factor by Mirus and Zen-Fire, meaning this wasn't just something that popped up unexpectedly in the general flow of operations. I think although there maybe wasn't any certainty how bad this might be, they surely couldn't have expected these changes to go seamlessly. Of if they did the abilities of the IT people involved are surely lacking as well as the management oversight. And for this they lost a lot of points in trust for knowingly putting us in this situation without warning.
    Last edited by bce111; 01-05-2014, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post algospoke  
    Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post arvidvanstaey