A few suggestions of what I'd like to see in NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few suggestions of what I'd like to see in NT

Here's a few things I thought I'd list out.

-A "snap-to" feature like Tradestation has where you can snap a trendline to a high or low. Very convenient.
    -The ability to draw a trendline and then right click the trendline and extend it.
    -On the toolbar at the top, it'd be nice to have a way to put a button up there of your favorite template for tools like fib extensions, fib retracements, etc.. What I mean for example is, I have a custom template of the fib retracements tool that I use for measured moves. I'd like to be able to customize my toolbar at the top of the chart so I can just click an icon for my custom measured moves tool. Also just being able to add simple things like the line tool to the toolbar or anything else a user may want would be convenient as well.
    -The ability to flag all of the windows in your workspace to a set color (or something of the sort - numbers, colors, types of ninjas heheh, whatever), so if you set all your windows to green and change the instrument on 1 green window, all the green windows go to that instrument.
    -Fix the issues where the trendlines disappear when messing around from a higher timeframe to a lower timeframe, or scrunching up a chart and drawing a line only to have it disappear when you "unscrunch" back to normal view. etc.
    -Control + Z should do what Control + Z normally does for everything else -- undo the action that was just done. This is extremely convenient in pretty much any program. There could be a different hot key for zoom still, obviously.

Thanks for looking. And thanks for making such great software.
    Last edited by lllusion; 01-10-2014, 09:30 PM.

Some good suggestions illusion. You can already link charts to change instruments/contracts. Link in the upper right corner does it. Set them all to the same color.

Comment

Originally posted by californiatrader View Post
      Some good suggestions illusion. You can already link charts to change instruments/contracts. Link in the upper right corner does it. Set them all to the same color.
      Thank you! I did not notice that! I was too busy checking out the tool bar area and didn't see it in the window area.

Comment

Also you can program buttons up top. There are examples here how to. . Assuming you have programming experience...

Comment

Originally posted by lllusion View Post
          Here's a few things I thought I'd list out.

-A "snap-to" feature - Go to drawing tools the first option is a 'snap to' option.
          -The ability to draw a trendline and then right click the trendline and extend it. - Use F3 instead of F2 !
          -On the toolbar at the top, it'd be nice to have a way to put a button up there of your favorite template for tools like fib extensions, fib retracements, etc.. What I mean for example is, I have a custom template of the fib retracements tool that I use for measured moves. I'd like to be able to customize my toolbar at the top of the chart so I can just click an icon for my custom measured moves tool. - Use the shortcut keys F# or program your mouse - try the logitech G500s or the logitech vx revolution - Set it as the default and press F8 when you want to use it - download and adapt this indy - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...catid=6&id=530
          -The ability to flag all of the windows in your workspace to a set color (or something of the sort - numbers, colors, types of ninjas heheh, whatever), so if you set all your windows to green and change the instrument on 1 green window, all the green windows go to that instrument. - this has been dealt with !
          -Fix the issues where the trendlines disappear when messing around from a higher timeframe to a lower timeframe, or scrunching up a chart and drawing a line only to have it disappear when you "unscrunch" back to normal view. etc. - Right click the trendline and click the properties box then check 'Auto scale' and save as default
          -Control + Z should do what Control + Z normally does for everything else -- undo the action that was just done. This is extremely convenient in pretty much any program. There could be a different hot key for zoom still, obviously.- or program a button on your mouse. (I use a G500s now and you simply program the key sequence - Right Click, Delete). I can remove anything drawn on my charts with 1 mouse button press.

Thanks for looking. And thanks for making such great software.
          Hope these are useful suggestions.
          Last edited by stocktraderbmp; 01-12-2014, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stocktraderbmp View Post
            Hope these are useful suggestions.
            Wow stocktraderbmp, thank you so much! You basically solved the rest of my dilemmas.

I just ordered a programmable mouse off amazon. I was really considering the G500s but ultimately went with the G602 because I need a wireless mouse and I need good battery life. I programmed some F# keys to my current logitech mouse for the time being though. Awesome --- I love how quick it is, your suggestion is better than a toolbar.
            Last edited by lllusion; 01-12-2014, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing those thoughts lllusion and we also appreciate the kind words about our product. I'll be making sure to note those items in our enhancement trackings list in product management.
              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                Thanks for sharing those thoughts lllusion and we also appreciate the kind words about our product. I'll be making sure to note those items in our enhancement trackings list in product management.
                No problem. Most of the issues were easily solved, and some of them (like window colors) I was just ignorant of. All of my original concerns are now completely addressed now that I have a mouse with the NT hotkeys programmed in.

Here's another suggestion that I think would be cool though: A built in indicator (as in, one that comes with NT and can be selected from indicators) for quick reward risk analysis on the fly. Here is one I currently have:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Having one that can be built into the Y axis chart panel would be pretty cool. Or maybe not. Maybe just something similar to the indicator shown in the video. I'm surprised such a thing isn't more popular because RR is important for trading, and sometimes you need to do it fast.
                Last edited by lllusion; 01-16-2014, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Any chance in the upcoming v8 release will allow multiple connections from the same adapter like TT and IB?

Comment

Originally posted by lllusion View Post
                    No problem. Most of the issues were easily solved, and some of them (like window colors) I was just ignorant of. All of my original concerns are now completely addressed now that I have a mouse with the NT hotkeys programmed in.

Here's another suggestion that I think would be cool though: A built in indicator (as in, one that comes with NT and can be selected from indicators) for quick reward risk analysis on the fly. Here is one I currently have:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Having one that can be built into the Y axis chart panel would be pretty cool. Or maybe not. Maybe just something similar to the indicator shown in the video. I'm surprised such a thing isn't more popular because RR is important for trading, and sometimes you need to do it fast.
                    A RR tool addition in on our feedback lists as well. I have counted your vote in, too. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bpcnabe View Post
                      Any chance in the upcoming v8 release will allow multiple connections from the same adapter like TT and IB?
                      Thanks for sharing this input, for IB this should be readily possible through assigning different client id's. Please send an email to support at ninjatrader dot com so we could follow up.

For other connections I will note it to look into for our enhancement discussions, some API's I'm aware of limitations in this regard unfortunately.

Comment

Suggestion: Correct MFE calculation when multiple contracts are entered at same time but exited at different times. i.e. when scaling out of a position MFE is not calculated correctly.

I believe it's also calculated incorrectly when adding to a position and scaling out.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the thought jasinhbca - when you were testing this, were you scaling in first via multiple entries and then scaling out later?

Comment

I actually was adding to a position then scaling out. Bot 1 car in CL , bot another, sold 1 , then sold the other one.

see also http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...&highlight=mfe

thanks

Comment

Ok, so you were referring to manual / discretionary trading then? Yes that is an item to look into for MAE / MFE on our product enhancement lists.

Thanks,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                              47 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post aligator  
                              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                              0 responses