Indicator enhancement idea for future version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator enhancement idea for future version

Just an idea... it would be nice to have the ability to "enable/disable" an indicator temporarily the way you can a strategy. I've wanted to take an indicator that I've got set just they way I want it off the chart for a bit but obviously when I do I have to go back and resest all the settings. I know you can save a template and then reload that template on the chart, but the convenience of just turning an indicator on and off would be awesome!

Originally posted by californiatrader View Post
    Just an idea... it would be nice to have the ability to "enable/disable" an indicator temporarily the way you can a strategy. I've wanted to take an indicator that I've got set just they way I want it off the chart for a bit but obviously when I do I have to go back and resest all the settings. I know you can save a template and then reload that template on the chart, but the convenience of just turning an indicator on and off would be awesome!
    Nice one that I have been meaning to suggest for a while. Maybe I actually did, and forgot that I did.

Comment

Originally posted by californiatrader View Post
      Actually you can simulate that now. Someone wrote an indicator that "fades" indicators in and out of a chart, collectively or individually or as groups.
      Hmm, seems like it would be a better option to link to the creators site or at least ask his permission before posting the indicator? The "Author" specifically mentioned on his site that it was released for download. Let's give Richard credit and wait to see if someone else would package it and start selling it:sarcastic:

There is a youtube video on how it works here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPy_dKDWsjg

Comment

Originally posted by Tasker-182 View Post
        Actually you can simulate that now. Someone wrote an indicator that "fades" indicators in and out of a chart, collectively or individually or as groups.
        Hmm, seems like it would be a better option to link to the creators site or at least ask his permission before posting the indicator? The "Author" specifically mentioned on his site that it was released for download. Let's give Richard credit and wait to see if someone else would package it and start selling it:sarcastic:

There is a youtube video on how it works here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPy_dKDWsjg
        I know. I already do that using a bool variable to use to declare the Plot and/or change its color to transparent, depending on what is needed.

The problem is that because it is defined in a partial class, it shows up in all indicators, even those that do not need a Plot, and I have to override it's browsable attribute in that case.

If the facility is handled by the base NT code instead, I have fewer hoops to jump through. The alternative of making the arrangement in each individual indicator is even more onerous a burden for me.

Comment

Thank you for posting this item californiatrader!

I will forward this to development.

Comment

Hello californiatrader,

Thank you for your suggestion on how we can improve our product. It has been inserted into our tracking system with the unique ID # 100.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Rapine Heihei