Add a button to your SuperDOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add a button to your SuperDOM

With ATM strategy set to none I opened an order by selling one contract.

Now I want to set stop and profit targets. I click on the ATM strategy drop down menu and choose "custom". Then I set my stop and profit targets. But there's no way to apply that to the existing order (and, no, it can't be done via the right click menu).

A simple button could be added to achieve this - image attached.
    Attached Files

Hello Instamess,

Thanks for the post and your suggestion.

We already have an option available to protect the open position. Info about this can be found in the following post:
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1. That's a lot more complicated than my suggested solution. Mine is also more intuitive and doesn't require the user to go hunting for answers.

2. The explanation you provide doesn't appear in your manual. I've spent hours and hours trying to find that. What's the point of a forum thread on the topic unless the manual links to it in the appropriate location?

3. The forum thread still doesn't help a newbie. At point three it says "Then place a limit order where you want to exit at a profit ". Yeah right. But how? (I now know that it can be done by clicking on the left/right column next to the target price, but NT seems to assume this knowledge. And such assumptions are like a theme that runs through your manual)

You make things unnecessarily complicated. My suggestion would remove one layer of unnecessary complication.
      Last edited by Instamess; 03-04-2014, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Hello,

1) We've always had this option available. I will forward your suggestion to our development team.

2) It is listed in our Help Guide:

Check the section 'Understanding the OCO order (one cancels other) function'--> Using the OCO function to bracket an Open Position

Furthermore this is explained in both the SuperDOM and ATM Level I webinars.

3) Our experience is that by the time people submit a naked order and they want to protect it, they already know how to submit the various order types since they have been attending webinars or have read the info in the Help Guide which is listed on the same page in the link I included in answer #2.
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vince View Post
          I'm aware of that page and I had read it carefully several times before coming to the conclusion that it wasn't designed to answer this question. Further the warning that "* It is highly recommended that you review the Advanced Trade Management (ATM) section for a complete understanding of order submission and subsequent actions that you can have NinjaTrader automate." suggests that whatever question it is answering wasn't for the newbie anyway as it requires mastery of "advanced" stuff. And all the beginner wants to do at this stage, if I may remind you, is the simple task of setting a stop loss and profit target. I maintain that what's covered in that forum thread you linked to is not covered in your guide.

Our experience is that by the time people submit a naked order and they want to protect it, they already know how to submit the various order types since they have been attending webinars or have read the info in the Help Guide which is listed on the same page in the link I included in answer #2.
          Which takes me back to an earlier point. To perform even the most basic of tasks in a SIM account NT seems to require the user to have advanced knowledge, attended webinars and devoted half a lifetime to getting a grip on the unnecessary complications you've created.

Hello,

1) We've always had this option available. I will forward your suggestion to our development team.
          Thanks. If implemented this would make life a lot easier for experienced traders moving to NT from other platforms who don't feel the need to sit through hours of lectures on stuff they already know and who simply want to learn how to do in NT what they are already doing elsewhere.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post yertle
          by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes